My g-y-n is great. I like him. I don't know if I like him any better than I did the my previous g-y-n, but I like him. And yes, I g-y-n hop. I like people to look at my tush and tell me how normal I am. I also like it when my insurance pays him to tell me that, and in order for my new* insurance to pay, I had to g-y-n hop.
HOWEVER, as much as I like him... whoa, lets stop there. Yes, he is a him. I prefer a man. I've had men OB's as well. I figure it like this-
A woman OB who has had her own child(ren) knows what child birth feels like TO HER. She may have 6 children and had the best birth experiences of all time. So when I go in to see her and I'm bitchin' about the pain of my latest cramp or whatever I happen to bitch about, I can mentally see her rolling her eyes at me thinking.......... "O MY GOD, what a crybaby, I've had teenagers with less complaints" and frankly, that just pisses me off. Then I'm all pissed off and tense during my pap and it becomes "uncomfortable" and I can "Feel" her rolling her eyes at me and hear her telling her husband over dinner how he should have seen this 32 year old whine-ass in her office today, yadda-yadda. So in order for me remain pleasant when passing a female OB/GYN in a grocery store (you know, because they wear career badges) I must simply see a man.
Now a male OB/GYN.......... love him. love.him.to.death.
He sees so much tush during the day, he isn't the least bit excited by mine, therefore I have a man looking at my tush and I don't have to worry with "pleasing" him. AND, AND, AND (This is where I get excited) I can whine like a swine all day long about how this or that hurts and he can never imagine the pain. Therefore, he is more sympathetic. I like that in a man. Besides, lets be realistic folks, after having children, with the mom in law in the room, the sis in law, a friend here and there, my mom, the staff and finally the doctor. I have no shame. You can pretty much march a band through that room. It doesn't bother me. But funny thing is........... don't ask me to talk about s-e-x. I don't like to. lol
(Of course this is all in my little ole humble opinion)
OK, After all that, my g-y-n told me I needed a hysterectomy, AFTER my pelvic ultrasound to determine the size of a/some fibroid(s). More on this later.
*Our company switched insurance companies and now I have to pick from a list of doctors.
Aint life grand?
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
You wanna take what? Outta where?
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Labels: Wish me luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Your blog is so not boring. Who doesn't want to read about GYN hopping?
Wow, a hystectomy?
At least I know now that I'm not the only one who likes a male gyn. My husband thinks I'm insane and doesn't like me going to my 50 year old gyn. I hate woman playing around down there. For some reason men are much gentler and warm up the... things... woman dont.
Heh there! Me again ;-)
If you really want to join The Pool - send your email address to deependotp@gmail.com and I'll email you the details, info that we need, etc. It went really well the first time around-our winner lost over 32lbs and won $200ish (we're splitting the pot two ways this time, so all the better!)
Post a Comment