CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Changin' with the times

The number of diets on the "market"are atrocious. And if you do exactly what they say, most of them work. Even the ones that ask you to stand facing the sun- keep your eyes wide open-place an apple on your right shoulder-lift your left leg to a 30 degree angle AND sing Dixie. I know your guaranteed to lose a pound on that one.

Finding the diet that works for me shouldn't be that difficult. They all work for me. Finding the diet that keeps the weight off and allows me to maintain it, is the one I'm looking for. I'm going with this WW, but I find myself counting calories instead of points. Maybe that's the reason for my 1 pound loss when everyone else is losing more. And of course, I'm doing my yoga, AND workin' the death machine. I have exercise rules. I do 5 to 10 squats every time I go to the ladies room. At home or at work. That's at LEAST 30 a day. Sometimes I even go ahead and throw a few extra in. Also, every time I walk back to Finny's cube, I exercise something. Whether it be side bends or leg lifts, its my personal punishment for being back there gossiping. (Because that's what we do!) My daily bed routine has begun to include a stretching regime as well. I'm hoping that this week, the WW lady will give me better than 1 pound news. I promise not to get discouraged if I don't hear better news, but I have to wonder if I'm simply building muscle. You know- the whole muscle weighs more than fat theory. I really do "move" alot, and I went from not moving at all. Hmmm, I'm going to have to think on this some more. Any thoughts?

Even having this big ass, I totally make up for it in Steppers. Steppers = Feet in my world. Doesn't "steppers" sound so much nicer? I have great Steppers. Perfectly proportionate toes, nice toe rings, always maintained and pedicured. I am fanatic about my steppers. Yours too. I thought I would share my personal Rules with you. Of course, this is just my opinion, but if you think about it, I'm right. lol

Chipped polish is unacceptable. If you cant maintain the polish on your toes, then wear none at all.

Choose your polish wisely. Bright purple, Lime green or Black are not attractive colors when your 30+ years old. I don't care who tells you different.

Cut those razor toe-nails down sister!! Do your bed-mate a great service!
You want them even at the very least.

If you have bunions, there is no need to wear sandals or flip flops. If I have a hemorrhoid, do you see me walkin' around with my ass hangin' out?

Dry Heels come from exposure. If your going to continue to expose your feet, try some foot lotion. Lots of it. On a regular basis.

Keep your feet clean! The days of looking like you walked through a parking lot with bare feet are over. I will say it on behalf of all your friends............... That is nasty. Put some damn shoes on.

If your going to wear toe rings, either buy them "real" or take them off before they turn your toe green.
(Pa-lease!)

Shave your ankles, they lead to your steppers. Jeans and Flip flops are ok, but I don't want to see ants swingin' off your patruding leg hairs.


If you will simply abide by these rules, I wont have a problem with your steppers. You will be proud of them and it wont be a taboo topic any longer..........But if I continue to sit down in my ladies room stall and see your nappy-ass feet in the stall next to me, tappin' away like your listening to an MP3 player, I might just throw up on that oversized clod-hopper foot! (Sorry- personal rant, but DO know, people do look down at your feet!!)

Just to show you what decent steppers look like, Here is a photo of mine.




In mentioning the ladies room, once again today, because I guess talking about the potty is really turning me on.................. How about, today while doing my business, sitting in my corner stall (Who doesn't use the corner stall when it's available) trying to finish up, knowing there is someone else in the ladies room with me, tending to her business in her stall, I am sitting there quietly, and all of the sudden I hear:

Hello?
So I said "Hello" back. and. I. waited....... wondering if she were out of potty paper??
Then I hear,
Hey babe, on my way home I'm going to swing by dr. Revels office and pick up those x-rays.

She was on her cell phone.

Who uses the damn cell phone in the potty ? And why did I have to open my big mouth, I should have waited for that second......"HELLO" before I answered her! So I got done real quick and ran out hoping she didn't see me through the cracks of the door.


Update:
Long story short, My surg. is March 9th.
He's going to leave the cervix and try to leave both ovaries but according to the pelvic exam, that left one was swollen pretty good. The right one was ok, but it explains the shooting pain on my left side that I get on occasion. I'm nervous as all-get-out. When I was a kid, I thought 32 was old, that by time I was 32, I would be dead. Now I'm 32. AND I'm having a surg. It just doesn't sound good to me. Also, Doc Dee told me that "this wasn't my mommas hysterectomy" .................. now-a-days, your in the hospital for 4 hours, then go home and come back the next day to be "checked" and then your recovering for a week. I told him he was out of his hippy-mind. I have 4 kids. There is absolutely no way I'm going home 4 hours after surg. Nope, no-sir-eeee, not in this lifetime. What the hell is surg. if you cant get at least 24 hours of peace and quiet time with my husband standing over me seeing how vulnerable I am? That's when I get my best pity! That's when he really steps up to the plate, and I aint missin' it!

Doc Dee agreed to keepin' me 23 hours (It's now an outpatient surg) and he can check me before I leave. Then I would come back for my 3 week check up after that. I'll be out of work for a week. I'm not real impressed with using my sick leave for a whole week, but it is, what it is.

When you have 2 parents working outside of the home and 4 kids, Sick time is like a bubblin' crude. Oil that is. Black Gold. Texas Tea.

Oh, and I should forewarn you. I like change. It doesn't bother me one bit. I make it happen, I look forward to it. You will never visit me and then rob me in the middle of the night. I've moved my furniture around since you've been gone. You'd never find your way around..................... therefore, take it as no surprise that I am going to be playing with my blog. I want to change templates a bit here and there, some colors etc. until I get so bored with it that I have to pay 50 bucks a pop to change it. But with as much as I like changing things, I'm not going to start shelling out 50 dollar bills until I have exhausted all my other avenues in sore-checkbook town. (This is the unincorporated section of sore-body town)

Chow for now my lovely's.................

2 comments:

G-mom said...

She has rules for everything. Dieting, toes, exercising, Dr. visits, camping, potty usage....yadayada. Me? If your gonna talk on your cell in the potty I am going to join in. E.G.
Hello? Hello! Hey babe, Hey how you doin? Going to stop by Dr. Revell off. p/u x-rays. OOOO what happened why you have xrays? R they yours? I had x-rays 1x. Broke my ankle. Hurt like hell....at that point they are sneaking out of bathroom away from the nut in the corner stall!!!

Anonymous said...

There was this 70 year old lady that worked near me in another building. (She refused to retire.) EVERY time I went into the bathroom and she was there, she was on her cell phone. What the hell?? There is a time and place for the cell phone and its not in the potty.

I love pedicures myself. After my horrendous last few weeks, the girls and I are headed to the spa on Feb 3. Facial and pedicure await! Bliss!

Sounds like the surgery is way different these days. Wow. Sounds like your Doc is on the ball. And I would totally lobby for that time the hospital ;-).