CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm just like that.

All this talk about the ladies room this week and I didn't make that final visit before I stepped on the WW scale. I gained .6 pounds. Which, really, what the hell is .6? Is that ounces? Because I could have totally peed 6 ounces before I weighed. I'm still motivated though, if anything, I'm a little pissy - pun intended. Now I'm pissy enough to really, really, this big whole much, pay attention to my every morsel and exercise routine. My goal is 50 pounds loss by June. I feel like that's reasonable. As it's said: it certainly didn't take me 2 weeks to put it on, so it wont take me 2 weeks to take it off.

I've never had shame. I've never been one of those ladies that didn't wear shorts, or wouldn't go to the beach, or dodged a scale like running from the kid with lice in his hair. I've always thought that I earned every-single pound. I DO wear shorts, and I DO go to the beach AND (I wear a tankini, not a moo-moo) I watch my kids play in the sand and swim and I take pictures and I enjoy myself. I take a cooler with drinks, my lawn chair and a book and I "sun". I enjoy it. And I've never been ashamed of my body to the point where I would miss that enjoyment. I'm that lady you talk about on the beach, but I'm also that lady that doesn't give a shit because A) I'm prolly half drunk - B) I'm with my family - C) I'm just impressed you are giving me that much of your time and breath and D) Your doing it quietly enough that I don't have to set down my drink, find a dry spot for my book, and haul myself up to stomp your ass. (I appreciate D the most, because after A it's always a possibility)(and yes, it's ok to combine A and B together on the beach, just don't tell Dr. Spock) Here's a photo of us last summer on the beach. See.........



I'm no longer that blond headed pixie I was when I was single. (The hubs friends used to tell me I was a pixie......... which, GAWD, what some make up and a blow-dryer could do back then) And I'm never going to be that pixie stick again. What I'd like, is to be healthy. I've begun to change so much in the way we cook and my activity level that I'm sure weight loss is going to inevitable. So I'm going to roll with the .6 and keep on Mac Truckin' along. Loud and strong and determined. Because I'm just that kinda girl.

In other news, Parents who are receive child support for their children are indeed, the lucky ones. I've seen it come in many forms. Sometimes the non-custodial parent is involved, but pays nothing. Sometimes the non-custodial parent is not involved but pays on time, every time. Sometimes it's neither nor.

As I've mentioned in the past, we have a "his - hers and ours" family. We have the kids full time, including his from a previous marriage. The girls have been together since they were 2, 3 & 4. They are sisters. They have been raised that way. Our ex-spouses have little to nothing to do with them and we are ok with that. We've found in the last 8 years when one of the Moe's (That's how we've been referring to them lately, and no, we don't do that in front of the girls) but when one of the Moe's decides "this is the month" that they would like to parent, they usually do more harm then good. The girls are happy, normally moody pre teen monsters just as they should be so we don't push their involvement. Our motto is: EMOTIONAL child support is a choice, FINANCIAL child support is not. They simply choose not to be involved emotionally. But because they are Moe's, they fight the financial support side of it. We have received little financial support from my ex husband and even less from his ex wife. They both work, and of course we go rounds in court with this order and that order, but its always the same circle. (We'll discuss more later, I just had to bring you up to speed so you will understand my next statement)

Nonetheless..........

The Income Deduction Order for my ex husbands paycheck (on behalf of child support) was faxed to his place of employment about 20 minutes ago.

Today is a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your courage and love for your body. I've never had that. I still don't it seems. And I think you look great (where did you get that cute suit???)

And I don't know what Moe means/stands for, but it seems like quite a nice way to describe deadbeats. Jerks.

Anonymous said...

Moe=Southern slang for dumbasses

I got that suit at wal mart, it was like 20 bucks or something but i dont know if they will have them again this year. I'm hoping so, they are cheaper than the 88 $ ones i find online. I also have to have that kind of top because i dont have hips, so with tops that go straight over my shoulders, i look like a walking board. lol

hg