CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 19, 2007

No Hives for me!

I had a big lunch today at Applebees. I suppose i would be more ashamed if i didnt know that i wont have a big dinner. Friday nights at our home, are the nights your fendin' for yourself. The kids are old enough to figure something out and usually 3 (My sweet boy) will just piggy back their choice. Sometimes it cereal, sometimes its just peanut butter and jellies. I just dont cook on Friday nights. But dont fret, i will be on the death machine this evening AGAIN. Yes, indeed, I was on it last night thankyouverymuch!

We have 2 family dogs. One boy and one girl. Spade and Sheba. We've had Spade forever and a day, and the hubs rescued Sheba from the side of the road a few months back. Some bastard had just left her there to starve, so the hubs loaded her up and brought her home. I wish i could find the aforesaid bastard so i could show him what a good dog she is! Anyway, Once the hubs brought her home, and spade ok her existance in the yard, she became a part of the family. She did manage to chase the chickens (all 5 of them, Fried, Bee-bee Que, grilly, baked and broil) out of our yard and across the street, but that was ok but everyone loved the chickens so everyone chipped in feeding them. And yes, chickens will eat just about anything. We kept Sheba around anyway. Frankly, she kept Spade from wondering around the neighborhood.

So, Spade invited Sheba over to his dog house, they had a little chow, he shared his blanket, made some small talk and now we have puppies. They are cute. Of course all puppies are. They are muts. But like babies, straight from the chute, they are just precious. I will post some pics maybe this weekend.

I am not really a "pet person". I never have been. I've softened through the years, but for the most part, I have enough to take care without the additional pet to feed, bathe and love. The dogs are the responsibility of the kids and my hubs. 12 has 2 cats that she takes care of. 4 and 11 do most of the dog feeding etc. I dont even buy the pet food. The hubs usually stops off at the local convenience/feed store.

Taking all this into consideration, i was floored last night to hear the hubs say we would keep 1 puppy. Its not that inside, way, way, deep within, i didnt know we would keep 1, it's just that he said it outloud. So i looked down at the box of puppies, thought about what good parents they have and came to terms with us having 3 dogs. 3 whole dogs. 3 big dogs. I cant say it to many more times or i will break out in hives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, puppies. They can be a pain in the ass though, I concur. And I love dogs.

Since we lost both our dogs in the last two years (both had to be put to sleep - one for a tumor, the other a blood disease), hubs has been asking for another dog. So far I've resisted. I really want to wait until the kids are a bit older so they can take some of the work load.

G-mom said...

Waiting till the kids get older is like waiting until you have the $ before having kids. LOL Get puppy raise w/kids = Good dog/good kids.