CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Welcome, one and all.

I got my hair cut. It wasn't a major cut, just some thinning of my thick ass nap because it gives me headaches, therefore no reason to actually take a picture. The curl has redefined itself, not in a pleasurable loreal kinda way, more so the "I'm shorter and don't have the heaviness of your thick jumbo hair so I'm gonna kink up for you--take that!" kinda way. Lovely genes, i tell you, i inherited some lovey genes.

The people i live with (commonly referred to as the hubs and kids) are getting back into a routine after the 3 day weekend and the kids being gone for 2 of those days. The hubs and i are completely recovered after pretending we were 20 again on Friday night and going out. Saturday and Sunday we lived through our "survivors guilt", where you know, you say "Oh my god, why did i do that, can you believe how much money we spent?" versus saying things like "That margarita sure tasted better coming up and than it did going down" or " My-o-my, we spent alot of money, MONEY WELL SPENT"........ ya, those were thoughts that we did NOT have. Here it is Tuesday and I'm finally getting over it. There's much to be said about spring chickens and us not being one.

I go today for my MRI to find out whether surgery is going to be able to fix me. Mostly I'm having the MRI because the doc said he needed to see what was in me (Other than some basic scar tissue) so he doesn't "get caught with his pants down" in the Operating Room. He's one of our major OB/GYN's in town so i doubt after looking at all that tu-tu daily, he wants to pull his pants down in his bedroom, much less in the O-R, but that was his statement, not mine.

Today is my brothers 30th birthday. Of course I called and wished him a happy birthday but i feel kinda bad. On my 30th, we had a big surprise birthday party with my friends and family. He wont get that, he's 8 hours away from us but i wish we had planned something in advance. And then i remembered, when i was 16, my first car was a 79 hatchback toyota celica. When he turned 16, he had like an 1989 Mustang. So i figure, fuck it. We're even now.

I want to give a shout out to any of my dads friends that he absentmindedly gave my blog address to (Or Grammices!). He didn't do it out of malice, he simply thought me posting about my daughter and her overall bitchiness was funny, and admittedly a little bit of payback for what i did to them, so he shared the story. I appreciate he likes to laugh at me, OUTLOUD, with his co-workers, but i don't think he realized that my site and grammices site both reference the things He DOES that WE LIKE TO LAUGH AT. I thought about adding a disclaimer, but then i realized if they spent anytime on either site, they would figure out that not only does their boss (my dad) like to wear boxers so his boys can swing with freedom, but that he and my mother discuss her wearing thongs.

I figure that's disclaimer enough.

5 comments:

G-mom said...

We paid for your car, he bought his own!!! You have great genes by the way....the half that come from me are awesome. Great hair, fun personality. I would say easy going but....everyone would know I lie. Your poor dad, he has caught so much hell over that. Survivors guilt is bad but, my mom would call and tell us how irresponsible we were.!!! I haven't done that...Yet.

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for an after pic, but it was not to be, eh??

You and your mom just totally crack me up. I need that!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG....I felt my face getting warm with embarrassment for your poor dad....this is soooooooooo funny!!!

weatherchazer said...

Poor dad...he's so screwed! Funny!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...way to warn 'em!

So, we pulled a 20 year older Friday night, too! Must have been something in the air. Glad you're recovered now, though.

Y'all weren't by chance at Stetsons, were you? ;)