CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heads up, TV's are pricey. I'm waiting for this one to jump out and tango for me!

I did it, i bought a new TV for the living room. I'm a little disturbed though, no one told me how expensive TV's were! Nonetheless, i bought a 32 inch flat screen. I will be dropping 4boy off at sears this afternoon as collateral.

The girls and I set out last night to put it together. The hubs doesnt get home until 7ish (He doesnt get off work til 6:30) and i didnt want to wait on him to him-haw around so i just figured we would go ahead and get the old tv out and the new one in! 13girls first comment was "Mom, we need a man to do this, lets wait on him to get home" which only infuriated me. I'm trying to teach them to be self sufficient and not depend on anyone to do this kinda stuff for them, ever. I want them to be able to handle their business and not need a man to change a damn light bulb for them! Besides, everything comes with directions, take 5 minutes and read them. Which is what 12girl and i did because she is all about doing for herself. 13girl would roll her eyes (Such a teenage thing and i hate it!) but she stayed around and at least watched us. (we were graced by her presence) I dont think i'm ever going to pound it in her head to be self sufficient, shes just so damn prissy that she would rather stand there and flick her fingernails and let "a man" do it versus, doing it herself and learning. Anyway......

The old TV is out, and the new is in, all wired up and functional, and lookin' good! After 30 minutes of getting it together, and getting it in the entertainment center hole, we sat down to admire it. It's a rather nice model, the picture i've posted looks like it does, however i didnt take the picture, i robbed it from the Internet. ;) It's got the fancy black all the way around it and is all shiny, which the damn thing should dance for what i paid for it, but it does look nice and now we have a TV that not only looks modern but actually has decent color and will be able to roll into the digital age.

But through everything, after admiring our handy work and searching the directions book through and through there was one piece of info we couldn't find.

How the hell do you clean it?

4 comments:

G-mom said...

Clean with dry cloth..no nothing.
As far as price trying buying your 1st TV in 16 yrs. Nothing fancy and it cost $2250. Five years later you can buy it for $499 on sale.
13 is independant, but I waited for husband. LOL

Anonymous said...

I use windex on my tv, work great, but don't spray the tv, use a soft cloth. The hubs bought our tv at sam's club, and it was under a grand, it is even a 46"! We NEVER buy anything full price. I would have never waited for the hubs either! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I use windex too, on a cloth!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!!!!