Food For Thought:
Whoppers are good folks, but man, has anyone seen the caloric intake of those things? I wouldnt even mention it had Grammice! not bought me a "calorie counter" book that POINTS IT OUT, so when all ya'll commented that you would love to eat a whopper, all you did was justify my guilt. Hell yeah, THANKS!
Movie Review:
Oh, and no one asked but Resident Evil 4 was a good movie. I enjoyed it. Its not my typical love/romance/comedy flick but if your into zombies and ewwey things, It will float your boat! Last night the hubs rented "Shoot 'em up" and it was alright. Lots of shooting though. (Giggle-Giggle) I'm thinking of getting in on the Netflix craze.......would love some thoughts on that! What about the Blockbuster mail-in movie package thingy? Anyone had any experience with those?
Weather Forecast:
Its fucking cold in North Florida. You all who live up north where 30 degrees is beach weather are hero's because i cant take too much more. Last night Hubs and I were running around putting hay in the dog pins, lockin' this up, leavin' that
runnin', we even went back down to camp to drain our water tanks so our tanks wouldnt crack from the cold. The whole town is like this!! It's almost funny how we all react to cold in Florida (Those of us who have been born and bred here) and god forbid it snows, we just now learned how to drive in the rain and some people have a hard time with that! Our governor signed a declaration of Emergency, although i'm not sure what that means?
We just arent accustomed to cold-ass weather like this! And i know we are a bunch of pansies considering how mother nature is kicking arse in the North and we shouldnt complain but my blood is just not used to this. I'm a whiner i know, but dammit i dont like to be a COLD whiner!
In other News:
My kids are still at home, bored and driving me nuts. I wish i didnt have to work and I could spend the entire holiday with them, full time working (outside of the home) and balancing the kids is difficult this time of year. I know they are bored and GAWD WHEN IS SCHOOL GOING TO START BACK because they tell me over and over how bored they are. We've done alot this holiday, with camping and making trip after trip to walmart and pet stores (FISH!-We got FISH!) but those 6 hours a day I have to work is just torture to them. I guess though, it'll just have to build character because better them bored while I work and pay the mortgage versus all of us active, standing in the yard, with no home, freezing our asses off.
It's always a trade off.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Notes and other Observences......
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, January 03, 2008
Labels: Tis the season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
8 comments:
You make me laugh...it is a trade off ;-). My hubby is home with the kids this week, so they are cleaning up all the xmas decorations and the house. Hurray!
And DAMN if you aren't right about the cold. Yesterday, it was 41 (wind chill 35 or something.) Today when I left for work, it was 31 (wind chill 28). We set a new record low. I had to pull out ski clothes and such. I like cool weather, but this is a bit much for me too.
Check out cnn.com. Says there were snow flurries in Daytona Beach!! Damn it is freakin' cold!!!
I use Netflix & LOVE it! It is really easy to do & so much cheaper than the video store.
I know a lady and her husband that love Netflix. I know of the Blockbuster one, but don't know anyone that has tried it. Netflix seems to be the best from what I have heard.
Yes Snow flurries on the beach in Daytona. It IS F#$%^ng cold. Since I lost 53#'s I have no ass and I'm freezing.
Glad to know we justified the Whopper thing. Every once in a while you just gotta have one! Isn't it about 800 decadent calories & 75 grams of fat? God, I can smell one! Everyone to BK my treat!!! LOL
You are killing me with the cold, as of right now it is 15 degrees with wind chill of 5! I would love to be in 30 degree weather!!!
As for the movies. I had been using this thing called Red Box. It is only a buck (plus tax) and you go and get the movie, swipe your ATM/Debit card and return the movie by 7pm the next day! I love it.
Coastal NC is a lot like Florida...I've been freezing my ass off for two days and I'm miserable because I can't go outside without my nose running. Freaking sucks! The worse part is there is no snow to go with this cold stuff! We're stuck in drought mode and I don't think it's ever gonna rain!
Netflix is the best! We have four movies out at a time. Two for me, two for hubs. Our waiting lists are split so we get what we want. No late fees. I can't say enough about it's greatness. O fourse, where I live, there is no video store!
Resident Evil is on my waiting list with netflix btw. That's why I didn't ask.
I think I want a whopper for dinner...I had to drive a cct call in a gawd awful snow storm monday night..I took a bunch of pics and sent them to my email...and now my home computer isn't opening my yahoo mail!!! WTF!!! It was 3 degrees here last night...PUSSY!!! LOL. Maybe I can send them to your email from my phone....I'll try
Post a Comment