We lived through the night last evening with 13. No major meltdowns although she had some small ones. She wanted to go to Wild Adventures with some friends of hers on Monday and needed to ask me so she was a normal child until i told her No. I simply told her that "she wasnt allowed to cause chaos in this house and the next day ask me for 100 bucks to send her to an amusement park. It wasnt going to happen. That i really wish she could go, she'd have a great time, but you dont get to make everyone miserable at your whim and then decide to be nice to us because you want something" and of course that conversation went over like a cloud of poison. I was instantly back to being hated. It doesnt matter that the last couple of weeks she's been busy with friends, it's now being thrown in my face that she has nothing to do this weekend but hang out with US. The evil parents from beneath the scum of the sewage ditch.
Until, this morning when my BFF called and asked if 13 could come hang with her this weekend and watch her boys while she runs some errands on Saturday. My BFF and i have been friends since we were 12 (Her and Krista are right up there together in my BFF scheme of things) We grew up together and when i was a single mom, Ann would watch the kids so i could work. She has her quirks, she's a naturalist, health freak, i tell her she's all granola........fruits and nuts, but it suits her. Its her way. She and her hubs are great people, and they have 2 boys, one is 8 and the other 4. We were preggers together so we like to say the boys were BFF's in utero. And 13, thinks the world of her. Because of course Ann has no daughters, she does the fun-girl stuff with my girls, and "SHE IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD THAT UNDERSTANDS ME MOM" "AUNT ANN JUST KNOWS ME AND KNOWS WHAT I NEED AND WHO I AM" and i roll my eyes thinking, "Honey, aunt ann loves you and TRIES to understand you like the rest of us, she DOESNT HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOUR MOODY PSYCHO ASS" but 13 never gets that part of it.
Luckily for 13, Awesome Aunt Ann needs childcare this weekend, (of which she gets for free because she takes 13 and 12 to mall on shopping sprees, and picks them up from the house when i have to work just to take them to lunch and all that other fun stuff an aunt can do with them that I cant because i am evil and hateful and HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR FOOD) so she is picking 13 up tonight and will keep her until Sunday. Again, the gods are on my side.
So we have a kid free weekend with the others at the MIL's house. What are we going to do? Go to the woods. I was so excited the first of the season, remember how excited I was? Remember? I was peeing a little everytime i thought about it. Now? Not so much. We're rounding the corner towards the end of the season, we have meat in the freezer and i'm ready to move on into summer-camping-in-an-RV-park time. But i'll bite it and use my weekend time with no children in my ass to crawl up my husbands this weekend. I would rather being using some of my dinner gift certificates but its not my birthday or Anniversary so in hubs mind, a dinner out is not warranted. He's a shit about going out to dinner. He doesnt like crowds and ignorant people like i do.
The bad news is my refrigerator door is not closing properly. Its popping back open just a bit once its closed. As its still hunting season, my hubs put about 5 minutes into figuring out the problem and decided on a solution. Now, you open the fridge door from the other way. He just flipped the door. Now it opens from the right as opposed to opening from the left. But its doing the same thing again. When you close it, it pops open just enough to let your cold air out and make the fridge work 5 times harder to keep the inside cold. So any ideas? Any of my blog readers a refrigerator repair person, or married to one? Because its hunting season, i'm either going to have to fix it myself or buy a new one.
Or i could just keep the garbage can propped up against the door for another 2 weeks until the season is over and he can fix it then. It could be there just waiting for him? Kinda like the laundry, the kids, the toilets, the dishes, etc. etc. waits for me, the fridge could wait for him?
Also, I'm getting my haircut today. Had I thought about it, you would have gotten a before picture. Maybe. But i should probably download the Christmas pictures first. I will take an after picture, and one day, if i'm really motivated and i can figure out why my cpu isnt recognizing my camera when i plug it into the usb port, i will download and have a 6 page picture post! Until then....... I'm getting my haircut today.
Friday, January 18, 2008
I'm getting my haircut today.
Posted by kheatherg at Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Can't wait to see the haircut! Better do something about the fridge. Not only do you have to worry about food, but it runs up the electricity bill too. I don't have a solution though. Wouldn't that be something if you bought the brand new TV and the dadgum fridge goes out? I feel for ya and dealing with 13. Try and relax some yourself with no kids around. You need too!! lol!!
DUCT TAPE!!!! There solved that problem. As far as 13 & Aunt Ann I even run a close 2nd there. We don't have your kids this weekend either! Whoohoo.
Don't forget they are doing your eyebrows too! Just my little way of getting even for child birth. Someday you will do it to 13 too and she will love you for it like you love me....
G-mom is reading my mind this week!! Dammit...I used a piece of duct tape (kept the roll on top of the fridge) to hold my freezer side door shut...the magnetic seal was worn out (if its not a hinge problem...hopefully 13 didn't jerk it open too far in reverse??) But the duct tape I would pull back when I needed ice..then when I closed the door...I pushed it tight and pulled the tape back down over...LOL Replacement magnetic seal was going to cost 40-65.00 !!!!!
My parents used a bungee cord to keep an old freezer shut. In fact, they may still be using it.. I haven't checked in a while.
When I was a bitchy teenager (but a few years older than 13) my grandma gave me muscle relaxers or valium, whatever was on hand.. LOL!! I don't reccommend that, by the way.
Ooh, i wanna see pictures!
Hahah...i remember what a pain in the ass i was at 13--i feel for ya.
And we seriously need to discuss becoming real life friends. For the venison, if nothing else. It's the only kind of meat we eat-wild caught. ;)
Have a good week!
Post a Comment