CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Does your aunts cousin, brother's wifes, sister once removed have a river lot?

I've gotten spoiled over this hunting season. When we want to go to the woods, i toss some food in a laundry basket that i keep in my Tahoe, everyone packs a bag of clothes and we go.

No hitchin' up the camper, fillin' water tanks, organizing this and that, or worrying about the 5 million bucks in gas money it will take to haul the camper to our destination. The camper is already there...... and clean........ and stocked with canned goods etc. (We only bring down refrigerated food when we go)

Being able to take 30 minutes and have all I need to go to my mini-vacation home is awesome. And spoiling.

We're coming to the tail end of hunting season where we usually bring home the camper, give it a thorough cleaning and pack it for summer trips. This means i have to hitch it to the truck, worry with the gas, reservations, etc. etc. and i'm beginning to dread it. I love being able to just "go" with little worry. I'm always excited to visit the RV sites with swimming pools and tons of people, and camping with grammice and my grandparents etc. but i am really questioning it this year.

I want to leave my camper someplace full time again. (We could leave it at the woods but its not close enough to the river for us to stay in during Florida summer weather!) I've checked a few RV parks around that i would have thought didnt cost a butt load to keep our camper there all summer, places with a pool or by the river or near the beach but man, they are pricey. Too pricey for me to justify the cost. I put an ad on our local Craigslist (If your not familiar with Craigslist, google it, most cities have one) inquiring about anyone with private "river-lots" that wouldnt mind leasing it out this summer so hopefully i will hear back from someone soon. I really really REALLY like using our camper as a home away from home, a vacation house per say where we could hang out, BBQ, swim and enjoy a few drinks during the summer months on the weekends.

I've been rolling this around in my head for a few days now, focusing alot of attention on it not WORKING like i should! (LOL) I hate when i get focused on something like this! Friday I have Jury duty so tomorrow i'm going to have to hunker down and get busy around here because there are things that have to be done on a weekly basis, anytime during the week, but at some point that week.

So, i'm gonna to dive into work for a bit and if anyone has friends or family in North Florida that want to volunteer their river lot for me to enjoy this summer.........Holla back at me!

1 comments:

G-mom said...

Make sure it can be used for 2 campers LOL Because I've been spewing the same info to your dad because of the cost of gas etc. I'm totally with ya'!