CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yogurt Cherrios and Raisins.

Thats what i'm munchin' on right now. Super excellent Healthy munching award belongs to me this morning!

Tomorrow I will not be at work, i'm going to the kids orientations at their respective schools to find out if i'm going to have a good year with their teachers or a bad year. With 13, she has 7 teachers so i have to keep remembering what i liked and didnt like about each one. It's also worthy that i mention that 2 of the 7th grade teachers she may or may not have (They usually have 2-3 for each subject) are teachers now, but when i knew them in high school, I wouldnt have left my pencil in their care much less my child! Lets hope they have grown up some. LOL I saw their pictures in the year book from last year and had no clue they were teaching, so this school year......i'm all over it. Think orientation is a good time to remind them they still owe me 10 bucks for their share of MD 20-20? And dont ask me why we drank that shit, I was just following along....... (and shutup, you know you were either drinking it or some other concoction)

I dont miss those days.

The other school I have to attend for our younger ones is a school my grandmother-in-law, Mother-in-law and husband all attended. Initially I had difficulty understanding why the walls hadnt melted after all those in-laws attended but then I remembered, there is a school budget to fix things like that. OR my in-laws werent from hell back then?

Either way, its a tradition of sorts for the kids to attend and it makes hubby proud that the kids go, and the "old timers" remember his family and yadda-yadda (insert Hallmark greeting card here.) For the most part, i've been happy with the kids elementary teachers. 11 is going to need that extra boost this year to continue building a reading foundation but other than that, I expect no real issues.

Four-boy, my sweet angel of a child (laughing may commence now- and wait until you see his first day pictures because SOMEBODY made the extra effort to crawl up and over a desk, in his sisters room, to get to the scissors and cut his own hair because i dont know why - and where the hell was his mother when all this was going on? BLOGGING in the other room, where he found her and showed her his cool new hair cut! AND I'm not going to do diddly to fix it because i want pictures of his first day of school and what he did 5 days before that first day to torture him with later in life- and my god, I wanna remember that day forever!! AND it's not so bad that i wont be comfy sending him to school the first couple of days before I GET IT FIXED because you know, i'm a good mom and good moms GET IT FIXED) He will be entering the pre-k program at this same school. Because we are not poor according to the govt' (ha-ha-ha, wanna see my checkbook?) and four can recite his numbers etc., (Because i actually spend time with him) he can only attend the 3 hour program but I have child care and all that jazz worked out.

Thankfully, everyone will be attending school this Monday. My grocery bill thanks the school system because now they are not at home watching Hannah Montana eating and eating and eating and eating and eating and eating and eating. (I am having to STOP myself) AND OMYGOD, when i went to Link Hannah Montana for you, that damn theme song was playing on her website and I couldnt click off fast enough and now i have the shakes and my skin is crawling. If you dont know Hannah...... Could you please tell me what life without her is like? Please?

So I'll be back on Monday to post pics of the Haircut, First days of school and, and, and, anything else I can think of.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, i remember those haircuts!! That is great that you're going to let him wear it like that for a while--nothing like a little embarassment to teach 'em. ;)
Good luck with getting them all sent off to school this year.

Ann(ie) said...

hehe.

MD 2020.

I like to think bad to those times, laugh nervously and change the subject.

OH! And yogurt cheerios rule. Have you tried Yo-Go's???? mmmmmmm.

Ann(ie) said...

oooops....think back....not think bad...=)

G-mom said...

He may have a chunk out of his hair but g-mom bought him Cars & Power Rangers boxer underwear! Now, they are all growing up and someday they will have MD 20-20 stories to tell. Mine starts with the 24 hours of Daytona. LOL

Anonymous said...

mini-me used to cut her own hair all the time..I nearly had a stroke the day I came home and found a ton of blonde hair in the floor, only to find she had sheared every barbie doll she owned and not herself...even the cat was victim..I couldn't keep scissors in my house til 4th grade...

Anonymous said...

I am soooo surprised my daughter has not tried to cut her hair. She knows where the scissors are too. Guess I've just gottne lucky...;-)