CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy, Happy School Day!

Hell yeah, wahoo! School officially began today! Of course the kids were up at the butt-crack of dawn getting ready, acting like this was going to be their routine all year long while I slid out of bed like it was sl---ow-----ly burning because had it actually been on fire, i would have just fallen out and slithered away. I've been getting up early on a regular basis so today was like any other day that i've had but to the kids, it was a big day, and they were ready to get back to school! In about 2 weeks, they'll be slithering out of bed also........ the new, fun exciting first days of school will be over.

4-boy did just great, he was like "Bye mom!" with no qualms. It was mainly the parents having a hard time (ie. balling their eyes out) letting the little ones go to school for the day. I guess with Four, because he's also child #4 in our home, I was okay with him going to school. Really, I didnt mind allowing him to walk that 2 miles to school either but thought other parents might talk about me and i just dont wanna get off on the wrong foot. I'll wait to offer their kid a chocolate and rum ball at Christmastime to do that.

The girls are into the routine so no issues there either. Eleven went to school wearing a white Hanna Montana Shirt and light jeans with White shoes so i'm expecting her to come home covered in playground dirt and lunch. She does not do well with WHITE! But she HAD.TO.HAVE. that shirt........(not the one posted on the link- but you get the Jest of it)

Sassy-ass 13, tried on all of her outfits, 5 damn times each yesterday and asked me what i thought of them EVERY.SINGLE.DAMN.TIME and wore something else this morning so other than claiming she is a typical female teenager, I have no excuse for her. All I know is, by 5'oclock, I didnt care if she even wore clothes to school. She would ask if I liked the outfit, i would reply and then she would argue with me. "No it doesnt MOM!" or "SEE, thats why i dont shop with YOU!" So i gave up. Her and 11 sat in her room for another 2 hours working out the "First day outfit dilemma of 2007" and i was off the hook.

Me? I'm at work today, thankful I'm not going to get 20 phone calls asking if they can eat MORE, Glad that my house will be back on routine and praising the school gods because i'm okay with the system teaching my children while I work.

I have pics, I hafta download and will post tonight!

3 comments:

G-mom said...

4 will not walk to school he will take his 4-wheeler and park it with the others like all redneck little boys. Jeez Ma! I got the "should I wear..." question too. I'm not as bad as you, she will shop with me. LOL Enjoy this time period because you will be in the homework hell soon.

Sunshine said...

I like the first week as they look nice, clean, with well-kept hair. Then it starts to slide. Somebody should compare 1st and last day of school photos!!

Anonymous said...

I remember the first day of kindergarten...my whole family was there to watch her get on the bus..and she never even looked back and waved..I felt like Forrest Gump ...LOL she had on a pink tee and these cute little pink jeans with the bows on the back..and the little pink and white cowboy boot she HAD to have...and came home COVERED in chocolate milk!!!