Had you read my Last post's comments, you would know that Robin got to pick todays subject matter. I would happily link to Robin, however, she has no website or email address or any distinctive marks. She's another one of those lurkers that come out only on occasion to feed on the cuteness of 4-boys video singing. But she does listen to country so I will accept her as one of my own and honor her request to post on illegal immigrants getting social security and/or welfare.
Illegals - (And this is quick and easily stated for me, although my opinion is probably best understood over a bottle of rum, some 80's hair bands music in the back ground and a pack of Marlboro's)
I personally,(Highlighted for all you haters out there) have a problem sharing my social security. I get the money deducted from my paycheck and have a nil chance of receiving it once i get 65 anyway, so to begin deductions NOW for people (Anyone, not just illegals) that havent paid into it, of course i would have issue. Its a no-brainer for me. That leaves me less than a "nils" chance of receiving any and THEY ARE STILL DEDUCTING FROM MY DAMN PAYCHECK! I'm all about privatizing social security. I suppose I am more Republican than Democrat. I know there are so many loopholes in privatizing it but i'm trying not to make this a 9 page post, and it would take me a book to go through the details of what i'm thinkin' ....... and really, who wants to get into politics on their blog? Thats just no fun for me!
Welfare -
I dont expect the govt' to support my ass, and i surely bust enough of it to work and be a mom and balance this-n-that, so i have high expectations for others. I try not to judge, but in fact, i do. If your able to be a stay-at-home parent without taking advantage of the welfare system, i'm all about it. If i hear your on welfare SO you can stay at home, i become judge, jury and executioner. I've got no patience for sorry asses. Which brings me to illegals and the welfare system....... Um NO. I'm not about that either. I think in order to gain citizenship, A member of the immediate family should serve in our military. My personal problem becomes, i have little good experience and have seen little good experience with illegal immigrants. I know no one, i have no idea their priorities..... I'm really not one to be able to make this decision fairly. From what i have seen and experienced, in our area, we have illegals where the men work and the women stay home with 5 kids and there are 13 people living in a 3 bedroom home, and truthfully, i thought without a social security card, they couldnt get food stamps etc. ???? Other than simply saying, "YOU LOVE THIS COUNTRY, SERVE IT LIKE BORN AMERICANS DO" I really dont have anything to say.
I'm really not around illegals much, (i'm speaking of the Hispanic population) so i guess....... Outta sight, outta mind. This govt' is so screwed up and there are so many ideas as to how to fix it that i cant keep up. I'm just makin' my way........
Although, I dont know all the details of the Canadian health system but i like the idea of everyone having health insurance......
AND I hate that so many people take advantage of shit.......
ooo, and did anyone else see the new "Add video" icon on blogger? Mine just popped up there this week! Gonna hafta try that out once i get some new video!
Also, we are all (That would mean Grammice! too) leaving town for the weekend to camp in Daytona Beach this Friday, so expect some fun stories and video and pictures when we return. I'm getting excited about our little vacation, because Lawd knows I need one!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Just an opinion that Robin wanted to hear........
Posted by kheatherg at Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Labels: Opinion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Amen...amen...amen...AMEN SISTER!!!! Enjoy your vacation..I'm looking forward to the pics and videos..I just noticed that little button on my blog yesterday...dammit!
Yes technically I guess I am a lurker. I have certain blogs that I read when I'm suppose to be working. (sshhh, don't tell)
See you are one of the chosen. lol
At least I signed up with Google to be able to comment. I am DUMB when it comes to blogs, other than reading them. I had never commented before on a blog but just had to when I saw your video.
Oh & this post, you are DEAD ON!!!
HA! HA! I saw the button....just didn't know what it meant! Duhhuh!
Like my daughter, the apple don't fall far from the tree, Welfare! BULL S^%$! SS Don't get me started.
Press one for english! Hell no!
Spanish TV stations...not gonna happen! As I have said before the only true American that deserves anything AT ALL is the American Indian. But, I guess it was OK since they were already here that we raped, murdered and pillaged their villages! Give me a break! No wonder were as Americans are in such bad shape.
Post a Comment