I know, I know. Quitcherbitchin', I know. Its been a few long days since I blogged! I just have absolutely nothing to say. I'm still searching for a job that pays the bills, twelve is still cheering in my ear every chance she gets, Four is still running at 500 miles an hour and with gas prices like they are, i'm not sure if we are going to be able to keep up with him. Eleven is doing ok also, she's the middly child so she's pretty routine. But there is some news with her....
The hubs went to court yesterday and we finally got full, 100% custody of Eleven. (We've always had prime residence and all that other legal terminology but we needed the papers to read "Sole Custody") We had her biological mothers rights terminated also. The woman did nothing but bounce in and out of Elevens life, making a huge entrance and a dissapearing act on the way out. Its been since November that she took us to court after not seeing Eleven for a year. She was asking for visitation and such. We gave it all to her. Everything she wanted, we gave it to her, thinking that it would do Eleven good for her to have a relationship with her bio mom. This was 2 days before Thanksgiving of 2006.
On T-day, we met bio mom and Eleven spent the weekend with her and her mother (Eleven's g-mom) and that sunday she dropped Eleven back at the house. That was the last we saw or heard from her. She evidently got a new boyfriend right after Eleven's visit and was just too busy to deal with Eleven. So AS USUAL, she went M-I-A and has remained that way.
For the first few weeks of Dec. 2006, Eleven rang her pre-paid cell phone off the hook calling her. Then she rang her work number off the hook. In that time we found out that bio-mom was sleeping with her boss. Her boss told Eleven that bio-mom no longer worked there. As I type this, bio-mom lives with that boss. They just have no desire to be buckled down with even a half-ass relationship with Eleven.
We put ads in the local newspaper searching for her residence trying to get her back in court to ammend the previous order stating all the visitation rights etc. but to no avail. She didnt respond to any of them. Bio-mom has done this about once every 2 years since Eleven was 2 years old. (The hubs has had custody since she was 2) She pops in long enough to screw with Eleven's emotions and pops out, leaving us with clean up duty. At our attorney's urging, we filed for sole custody and termination of bio-moms parental rights.
As of yesterday at 10:30 Eastern time, the judge ruled in our favor. There will be no more emotional roller coaster rides given to Eleven until she is old enough to tell bio-mom herself what a waste of breath she is. Of which I am certain she will do. I'm under no protective umbrella thinking that eleven wont run there in her late teen years or even try to establish somewhat of a relationship with bio-mom in her life. It is then that Eleven will have to make a decision as to what she will and will not accept from her bio-mom. But for now, we are simply trying to do what we think is best for an eleven year old girl whose biological mother lives 10 miles from us but has no desire to see or be a part of her childs life.
In todays society, the statistics will show you that deadbeat mothers have surpassed the deadbeat dads. And it makes me sick.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
This society doesnt cease to amaze me!
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Labels: Eleven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
9 comments:
Wow! How sad it is that she had to go through that at such a young age. She's so lucky to have you and her dad in her life fighting for her best interests!!
Hey Peet! Nice to hear from you!
We've been rounds with bio-mom for years. In the last 9 years, we've recieved 1800 bucks in child support and she's prollyonly seen Eleven, 10 times. She got into drugs whichis why hubs divorced her (Oh, and her boyfriend was an issue at the time-lol) and drugs will do it to you everytime!!
Hubs actually got Eleven because the bio-mom abandoned her :(
That is just awful that she (and you all) have had to go thru that. Yikes. Kristi is right - eleven is VERY lucky to have you both! I'm glad the courts made the right decision!!
She is Bio-bitch. "mom" is there thru ear aches, throw-ups and broken hearts. That you have done. Now I need to be a good g-mom and step up to the plate. The shadow of the Bio-B$%^&% & Bio-gmom now gone. YEAH! For you guys!
Jeez..it must be that time of year or something...I hate all these issues with bio parents (sperm and egg donors)...I think you did a great thing...YEAH!! for you!!
My brother's birther was and still is a p.o.s.. He's not much better now days unfortunately.. Apples and trees.. They say stuff passes from mothers to sons.
Eleven has got it made having you guys for parents. You're the best!
Heather- Ya, we've been doing this for 9 years. I guess the courts finally saw things for what they were!
Ma-I've told you that for years.
Katx2- It would seem to me to be harder to walk away when your a mother but bio mom is such a peice of shit i suppose it doesnt matter to her.
Burg- We are bustin' ass tryin to make sure that Eleven doesnt grow up like her mother. I know exactly what you mean!
Sunshine- thanks, although sometimes we just wanna crawl into a hole and take a break! This parenting thing is constant! lol
Excuse my language, but what a freakin' bitch! The only thing that would keep me away from my kids is death! Protect that child with everything you've got, because for all intents and purposes YOU are her mother- show her what a real one is.
Post a Comment