I am frumpy. This whole job thing, specifically NOT HAVING ONE, has left me feeling even more so frumpy and a borderline depressed poster child. At least before if i wanted to veer away from my frump-ness, i had the income to make those appointments and do so, but i always had the option. I never did, but the option was there!!
Its prolly been 10 years since i went to a salon. A real salon, not one of those cost cutters, clip masters kinda place. I mean one of those places where the ladies have been cutting/styling hair for more than 6 months. One where the wall paper matches the sofa and they serve you soda from a wine glass. Yes, i went to one today and they did indeed serve me soda from a wine glass. lol
For mothers day, my mom gave me a day at the "Day spa" to do something with my frumpy ass 1988 hair do and a pedicure. Not just a Chinese chop shop pedicure (We all know the little china ladies that spew how ugly we are if we don't get that wax!) but a real pedicure and an eyebrow wax. She wanted me to also go ahead and get a manicure, but I am loyal to my china lady at HER nail shop so i didn't have the manicure. BUT, the eyebrows have been waxed, the pedicure done and my hair..... she cut my hair. My long straight 1988 style that I've been holding onto is now gone. The hairstyle that may have been a bit out of date but man-o-man, i could wrap that sucker in a bun while chatting on the cell phone, doing 65 mph and flippin someone off with the other hand. Needless to say, my hair has always been manageable to me. AND easy! But granted, a very old style indeed!
So lucky for you, i have before and after pics! Because yet again, i thought about blogging the experience! (so Krista doesn't bitch me anymore)
So without further ado, The before: (Keep in mind I am wearing NO make up for any of these pics!)
Yes, I know, long and dull. (Although manageable!) But wait til you see the after pictures......
and
and just cause i like it.......
See!!!! Its not a dramatic change, nothing that i cant get through with my "Oh Shit- change!!" issues that I have, just enough to throw me out of frumpy and into trendy. I have trendy hair now right? RIGHT? and i don't know if i can toss it in a bun yet because i am afraid to touch it and may never wash it again for fear of having to make it look all healthy and TRENDY by myself! But i think this is just enough to give me a nice, easy change but not shell shock the shit out of my 1988 style i had for so long. Right? RIGHT?
You'll have to notice the eyebrow waxing for yourself because i didn't take those before and after photos, but take my word for it...... I thought she might haul me out back and take a bush whacker to them but she was professional enough to simply say things like "Ya hon, lets take care of those for you" and "oh yes, honey, I'm so happy your here, uh-huh, glad we are waxing today" and i know the whole time she was thinking "man, this honey shoulda been in here a longgggggg ass time ago" and "good god lady, could you have at least gone to the china woman once this year??" but she didn't say it so i was happy.
The pedicure was great also, but me cutting my hair was so much more of an issue to me that i didn't take before and after photos of my lovely steppers either. As you know, those have never been in un-godly shape, only now, they have been moisturized a bit more by fancier shit.
So thanks ma, i really did enjoy my time and your stylist was just great. I really liked my pedicure lady too! I can see now that i did need a new "do" albeit not a drastic change. This gift of a day spa afternoon sure makes that cooking pot i bought you seem really cheesy. Especially when i bought it thinking, "Wow, she can make huge amounts and give me the left overs" but do know, I was totally thinking about how much you would like it when i bought it !!
xoxoxoxoxo To my mom. And a big "I'm sorry" to my dads checkbook because a day at the spa aint cheap. Smooches!
Happy early mothers day to all you moms. I hope ya'll have great moms like me.
(We did most of our moms day stuff early this year for those wondering if they missed the date--lol)
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Frumpy to Fab!
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
OOOO So pretty! Now you see why we "love Loni"! She is wonderful.
Heard about the flowers on your toes.....need a pic. And don't forget send pics to mopo they are dying to see too.
Happy Mothers Day!! Now you'll get a job!!! LOL
Again, mommas always right!
Oh, I TOTALLY love your hair. I am trying so hard to grow my hair out so it all fits in a damn pony tail. So I'm jealous too.
Grammice rocks!! ;-)
Happy Mom's Day!!
WOW !! Your hair looks great!! Very pretty. Amazing how a day at the spa makes you feel so much better. Never had a pedicure or a manicure...have done my own nails for years...are those nice to have? I imagine they are. Not that they look bad..I just want someone else to do it once...LOL
Post a Comment