In my neck of the woods, we live a happy little country lifestyle. I don't know as though i would use the word "Redneck" just because I've heard it more so spoken in derogatory terms because some dumbass in a cowboy hat didn't brush his teeth for 15 years. So i like to use the term "Country" when referencing our lifestyle.
We love where we live, we have wide open spaces, the kids ride ATVs.... the neighbors horse on occasion (No, i have no desire for a horse, like I need something else to feed) and we can do shit in our yard (like park the restoration car) without anyone sassing us about it. (Our country lifestyle does not include junked up vehicles, goats or children roaming around half dressed, although we have been known to drink out of the hose on occasion) The kids have plenty of room to run and play and ride and hide and we love it.
One of my husbands fondest memories as a kid is having his own little mud hole. I don't know as though its his fondest, but he had this little tiny homemade-dug hole that he put water in and would run his trucks and cars through. And Four has one too. I've tried to talk with Four and make him understand that I would like that little area of my yard back but he is not gettin' it. When i tell him I'd like to put a pretty flower bush in that mud hole spot, he responds with " okkkkkkk, but ima hafta run it over with my truck"...... so needless to say, I wont be planting anything there in the near future.
I've tried to get the hubs in sync with me, by having him talk to four about his mud hole and THE REMOVAL OF IT, but i get nothin' from him either. "He's a country boy and that's what we do, we put our trucks through the mud until we have to start replacing front ends and our own tranny's!" So again, there's no changin' his mind either. My boy has a mud hole until further notice. 


I've come to terms with the fact it aint goin' nowhere. I'm going to own this mud hole in the yard until he outgrows it. I've had to shift to their way of thinking, my goal now is to turn it into a little flower pond when he FINALLY tires of it!!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
A country Boy can survive!
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, May 17, 2007
Labels: Four, Outside, pics, Restoration 07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
See playing in the mud, is the best! Thats ALL boy.
I like the mud hole...it looks pretty deep too!!! My dog has been digging some places in the yard..one even to bury a stuffed cat he plays with.
I think you and I were thinking about the same things on spousal abuse the other day...LOL
You will never get rid of that mud hole....it will only get bigger the bigger HE gets!
The hubs needs to take him to a REAL mud hole and show him what REAL muddin is about!
Post a Comment