CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A post among posts.

I spent most of the weekend in my gardens, or shall I say, making my gardens. I had to rake out all the pine straw and replace with that pretty mulch and add a few plants here and there. I also wrestled with an 18-light outdoor lamp set. You know, the kind that runs off electricity and you have to put together every single little piece? I cussed that set 7 ways from Sunday. It figures my MIL gave it to me 2 Christmas's ago.

My younger brother and his girlfriend were in town also. We all went to the country club (my parents have a membership and we piggy-back that...lol) and hung out by their Olympic size pool on Friday afternoon. The kids were in school so it was just us adults. Can you say "AWESOME"? Can you imagine hanging out by the pool in the sun, a pool boy bringing you margaritas and just relaxing? I did it. We did it. It was great!

But don't think i was slacking! A couple of weeks ago i met a lady at the pool that works for a local college here in town. I happened (I was on my knees beggin') to mention that i was looking for work since my layoff and guess what? She came up to me on Friday and asked if i was still looking! There are some positions available in her section of the college so she is going to try to help me out. How great is that? See, i was really "networking" at the pool, not hangin' out, sippin' Rita's and talking about those parents who actually BROUGHT THEIR KIDS TO THE POOL! How unrelaxing.....lol

Speaking of kids, some are still in school and some are out already. Our children get out of school this Thursday, having half days tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. We leave for our summer family trip Friday morning. The hubs went ahead and took off so we can leave first thing! Off to PC Beach we go!

Speaking of vacation....... now is not the time i need to be spending money on a vacation, but the anal money-management genes in me have made this trip the most cost effective it could be. Remember, we are camping so that is much cheaper than staying at a hotel on the beach, and because of the camping, we can cook our meal on the grill, or in the camper if we like, sooooooo that saves some money because we don't have to eat out 3-4 times daily. So i figure it like this:

Camping on the beach for 3 nights. (Arrive early Friday morning and leave Monday afternoon) $148.63 (Includes taxes)

Gas for the truck to pull the camper. $100.00 (We aren't to far from PC so it shouldn't take more than a tank and a half to pull the camper to and fro)

Food to eat for those days. $125.00 (That's mostly dinner foods, as I will simply use food from my refrigerator for breakfasts and lunches and snacks)

Liquor Store & Beer. $50.00

Ice cream on the beach money. $20.00

I figure that's less than 500 bucks for the 6 of us to vacation for 4 days on PC Beach. Although i realize that it doesn't look like much money, right now, its a huge amount. BUT, we are going to do it because the kids love this trip! Here's some past pictures from us going on this trip; (and tons of them because i look back at how sweet they were when they were younger....lol)















Ok, so i was thinking about how much fun we have on these trips, (We go with grammice and dad and some other friends) and 500 bucks doesnt seem so bad, i guess. Even for a girl like me who was born in Tight-assville when it comes to her dollars.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh beach and kiddie pics!!! I love it!! I love the ocean..sight, smell etc..but I don't swim in it..remind me to tell you about my honeymoon last summer when my hubby coerced me into the ocean for a little boogie boarding...HA. Hey where is PC, or what does PC stand for..don't mean to be ignert..I really don't know. I posted some work stories today too...after my sappy mood left...LOL You guys have fun on your trip...release the diamond and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Wasn't sure what you were talking about because when you post, it also comes directly to my email..LOL...but I got it...its fixed. OK on PC...I love Florida..been there twice..once to Daytona Beach..and another time to Titusville and the Canaveral Seashores

Anonymous said...

Hubby lived in PC for awhile before we got married. Taking a side trip to Club LaVila?? (or whatever its called?!)

Anyway, sounds like a fun trip - have a GREAT time!!

Anonymous said...

PC is soooooo different today. The condo-build up is crazy. You used to be able to see the ocean from the road, now you see hotel/motel/condo parking lots. Its crazy busy there.

No clubs for us, we have the kids, and our old asses (in our 30's) would stick out like a sore thumb with all those half naked college kids. But, we've been before.....lol

hg

G-mom said...

I have beautiful g-kids!!! We are ALL looking forward to our trip. Of course the trip has already brought out the "camping Nazi" aka Sh1ts post author. LOL Hey, I finally have a idea for my post!!!
Love -grammice