We're back........ and back to work as well! My grandparents and parents stayed an additional night so they will leave sometime this morning to head home. Some notes to mention:
Camping with my grandparents was great. I really, really like spending time with them. My poppop is so full of history and stories and I love hearing them!! I wish we lived closer to them but they live in south Florida and there isnt a snowballs chance in hell the hubs is moving to South Florida.
Hell, i cant get him to move to North Georgia/West Carolina and I have been begging, crying, stomping my feet and nagging for years. Where we are isnt bad, but i want to move North so like i said, the chances of us moving to South Florida is null and pretty much void! But man-o-man, i miss seeing my grandparents regularly.
Ya know, the hubs entire family is here is town and do you think he takes any time to see them? No............, and its because he takes them for granted because they live in town and seeing them is/has always been at his discretion. I cant complain too much, i dont like hanging out with all of them either but when he says we have to, we do. Sometimes i just feel cheated that when i want to go south to see my family he says "No" because we dont have the money or we are too busy or whatever. I think i'm just gonna haul ass without him in the future. He's not being mean by it and most of the time he's right, but i'm going to make the exceptions and "ta hell" with the money or time, i want to make sure i get to soak up my family while i can.
We literally still have 5 generations of family alive and kickin'. My Great-grandparents are still alive....... I'm just not as close to them as i am my grandparents. My mommom and poppop (Hereinafter called my mo & po) didnt grow up fancy or rich or even with decent parents, but through the years, they decided their kids and g-kids werent going to grow up like that and their dedication has paid off. We all love them unconditionally. Me saying that they are awesome is an understatement. I simply cant descibe their knowledge, their generosity or their patience. I wouldnt even know how. Just know, they are indeed, the Best Grandparents EVER!
Ya know what else happened while we were camping? Well, not while i was camping because we left yesterday afternoon but when i called mo and po this morning to wish them safety on their trip back home, they told me that the camper full of people kitty-corner from where we were........... they had 2 teenage girls with them....... well, she had been out riding their ATV (This campground allows them but most do not) and somehow got flipped, landed in the water, and broke her neck. They had to life-flight her out of the area and into a big city hospital. Odd thing is, i had watched them ride their ATV and they were pretty safe compared to some of the teenage boys out riding. The campground has designated areas for the ATV's, but i would bet my bottom dollar they will discontinue use of them now. It's just too much of a liability and frankly, these parents let their kids just "go" on them with no rules and its gotten out of control.
Granted, we have ATV's and our children are riders of them but we dont bring them to this park because of the accidents that are "waiting" to happen. Its literally playing with a loaded gun on the campgrounds trails and again, this isnt the first broken neck so maybe the campground will put an end to allowing those ATV's now!
Okay, I'm done blabbering.I havent downloaded any pictures as of yet, but i promise to get to them soon! Thanks for your well wishes, we had a great time!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Yogi Camp Trip, 07
Posted by kheatherg at Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
You are so lucky to have five generations alive and kickin'! It sounds like you guys had a great time. My hubs is the same way with his family.
We are back too! Daughter is right I really enjoy being with my folks. I'm a "Daddys' Girl", I Look like & act like my dad. Daughter is my mom. LOL But, they continueally comment on the closeness daughter & I have. I am so grateful that my grandchildren are growing up with my folks. Unfortaunately, I can't say the same about the husbands family. They saw my grandchildren for the 1st time in 6 years a couple of weeks ago. The kicker? They live less than 10 miles from MY folks. oh well, the grandkids are loved and my dad lost 20 lbs walking back and forth to the "swimmin' hole" with 4!!! LOL
I'm glad you had a great time camping...sounds like alot of fun. I can't imagine a family reunion that large...I can't even get my immediates together...LOL
Glad you had a great time! I always get so jeoulous when I read about people going camping. I love to camp! I really want to go but, I'm going to have to wait till next year. Oh well.
Post a Comment