I'm thinking of purchasing a Tahoe or Yukon. Nothing new, just a used one. I drive a buick lasabre right now and i'm sick of pouring the kids into the back seat. I cant drive it out of town because its not 110% reliable and i cant tow the camper with it. Its been good for the last 4 ish years but i'm thinking its on its way out the door......
I can tow the camper, drive outta town and have plenty of room in the back for the kids if i purchase the yukon or Tahoe and payments aren't too bad either.
The hubs drives a red Z71 chevy truck.
Grammice drives a big ole dodge truck, whereas my dad drives a convertible Toyota Solara. Krista and Ro have a Honda Accord and a fancy ass Lincoln something or the other.... The hubs parents have a Ford Expedition and a Ford big truck. In our household, we are not Ford people because hubs can fix a chevy engine and its a redneck thing. LOL
What do you drive? Do you have a Tahoe or a Yukon that you could give me? Pro's - Cons? I promise i wouldnt be the lady driving the Huge SUV all by herself. I have enough kids to fill the seats!! I also promise not to run over people in Miata's, because that could get addictive if you were counting points. But who's counting?
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
What do you drive ...... besides others insane?
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Labels: new
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Lol on the counting points!!
We're Ford people over here - I have a Ford Explorer and really like it. Although we've been considering getting rid of it for awhile w/ gas prices...that's definitely something to consider if it will be an in-town driver too. My gas mileage is 19 highway/15 in-town and that bites. (I have V-8 w/ tow package though.) Just something to consider. My ex-boss drove a Tahoe and liked it (he towed a boat), but he's since gotten rid of it.
I did look at a Dodge Durango when we were looking - it was okay too.
I'm w/the gas thing. Diesel is $80 every 10 days with me. We don't drive it on the weekends unless going to Lowes. I would suggest you talk to MoPo. But, on the other hand a bigger vehicle that can tote kids & camper 110% agree. Plus you would save by not taking 2 vehicles camping etc. Word of caution make sure you have a GOOD tow pkg. that is total key to gas mileage etc. when towing.
I have a little Dodge Shadow that I adore..but due to tranny problems its out of commission again..I refuse to get rid of it...going to fix it up for mini-me who will be 16 in March. It was a v-6 3.0 ltr..climbed trees in reverse and still will when its running!!!
Hubs is a Ford man...he has a red-neck-mobile..a red 92 truck with the lift kit and big tires, a special made brush guard he welded himself...etc...we tow anything with it..but it sucks gas like hell!! He drives it across town and parks it and carpools with boss man out of town to work areas in their company truck. I am currently driving his 2004 mustang. It has a smaller engine for the mustangs...and it goes nowhere in the snow (unlike my shadow when it was running with its front wheel drive)but it does ok in good weather. My uncle has a Yukon..and his biggest bitch with it is gas...I'd go for something bigger than the car, but smaller than a yukon...
We have a Ford Escape and a Kia Spectra, but hubby is a Nissan man so we're trading in the Spectra soon for a truck for him.
I'd be very interested in hearing what you think of the Yukon!!
We have two GM and Toyota dealerships, so I'm partial to GM or Toyota because that's all I drive (duh) but if I didn't have to drive my mini-van with all the kiddos, I'd have a Toyota Highlander.
However, taking all 4 kids to NY with our luggage I took a Suburban and despite the fact that I spent a ton on gas, it rides much nicer than I even thought and I felt safer in it driving halfway across the country than I would have in my van.
Hi, I just found your blog! I have a Chrysler Pacifica, it seats up to 7. It is considered a "crossover" vehicle b/c it's sort van/suv. I love it!
Post a Comment