CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 5, 2007

I just hope my hottie man can clean house too!

We are such bad Americans. The hubs worked for the Fourth of July and I cut grass and did laundry. IN THE HUBS DEFENSE, because he works for the City of Town-in-which-we-live, they are offered overtime to help set up the barricades and such for the local park celebration. He went ahead and signed up so he can have some extra bucks in his paycheck to continue working on his restoration car. (Ya'll are due for some pics so i should really get off my arse and take some, huh?) So the hubs didnt get home last night until around one a.m.

I did some laundry, cleaned the house, cut the grass and ordered the kids and I pizza for dinner. We didnt see one single firecracker, not one single boom was heard! But IN MY DEFENSE, when we went camping, the campground celebrated the Fourth last Saturday night with butt-loads of fireworks so the kids did celebrate and see, just not last night.

I also cleaned under my bed yesterday, which is a miracle in itself because I have a secret 13 year old within me that still shoves shit underneath her bed. It was ugly under there. I had old board games, some misc. socks, an old suitcase full of banking records, i mean all kinds of crap! But because we bought a new bed Tuesday night, when they deliver it Saturday morning, i didnt want to have to crawl under someone elses bed in embarrassment, so i just nipped it in the bud! I cleaned underneath! Now they can deliver my new bed Saturday morning and i can sleep in comfort on Saturday night.

We have been in the same 1990 mattress for about 11-14 years. It was a hand-me-down from the hubs grandparents when they were put in their respective retirement homes. Its a plain-ole, plain-ole mattress with springs poppin' here and there...... Its sad folks, really sad. Because our backs have gone to shit lately, we knew we had to do something. So we went out and bought a Vera Wang pillow top bed. We even upgraded from a queen to a King! We are high and mighty now! HOWEVER, because of the expense of a bed, of which i WAS NOT prepared for, we were unable to purchase a headboard for our new king bed. I'll just have to come up with something that will make due until we can afford one. Who knew that mattresses didnt cost $199 bucks? With what we paid, i'm waiting for the hottie man to jump out of the center once it's set up. I think the hubs is definitely waiting on the playboy chick to crawl her way out from within the pillowtop as well. We certainly paid enough for it. I cant wait to see my man though...... and with a king size bed, we wont even bother the hubs!

1 comments:

G-mom said...

Too funny, But its the payment book that will pop out!!! LOL