CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

To Tell - OR - Not To Tell?

Who do you tell about your blog? My husband is at work right now and emailed me that he is bored as all get out, and I thought........"Well, i'll email him the link to my blog and he can read that for a bit" and then I thought...... "Have I lost my fucking mind?" and the thought was so strong, that it required the "F" word.

I'm just not sure he would take my blog as an online diary of sorts where i can type about my day and how i'm feeling and not turn it into a "Your spreadin' our business" argument for the next 3 days. So he's going to have to stay bored. It's not in my best interest for him to be reading.

Then my Mom, Grammice!, she has access to my blog, as soon as she heard i had one, she was all over me like white on rice and I gave in. I dont think i regret it, however, sometimes i hold back and NOT post about something because i'm just not comfy "hangin' the laundry up in my own backyard." It hasnt been a real issue yet, but i figure if it becomes one, i'll start another blog and just wont tell 'er. LOL

A couple of friends have the link........

I dunno? Who do you tell? Do you keep it 100% a secret? My mouth is too big for
that. Sometimes i worry one of hubs family members will find it but then my defense light switches on and I think, Screw it, who cares, I STAND BEHIND EVERY WORD! But then I think, "Man, I could really hurt some feelings" So I wonder....... Just who do you tell, and what kind of restrictions does that put on your "freedom of the blog" expressions?

I'm really challenged by all this. I know some people keep blogs to keep up with their family and friends, but I want it both ways! I want family and friends to know about it so when the kids have a milestone, they can read it, but then again, I want to be able to bitch about them and them not know. Especially when there is no real "tone of voice" in the typed word, therefore someone I CARE ABOUT could misconstrue my thoughts and it would "Hit home" with me, whereas with "outsiders" If they dont like my "tone of the typed word" it really doesnt affect my real life..... does all this even make any sense or have I officially Lost it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell! I know for me it is free therapy. I have not told anyone about mine!

Ann(ie) said...

I told way too many people that I actually know and I have regretted it. Don't do it!!

G-mom said...

Don't tell! & Don't hold back on my account! Jeez. I let husband read a select few, he doesn't know you can read past ones yet and I intend to keep it that way. LOL

Anonymous said...

Keep it to yourself...and tell only the impartial people in your life who aren't judgemental...my husband knows I have a blog..but he has never seen it...he thinks its "weird"...so Its MY special place to do my OWN "thang"...LOL

Anonymous said...

Hubby doesn't know (I don't think anyway!) I have a few friends that know. That is enough, I say ;-)