Ug. It's Monday and I had a long weekend. We went to the woods on Friday night with intentions to stay all weekend, but by the early A.M. hours Friday, into Saturday, 4boy woke me up with a fever and a "my tummy hurts" whine. So i give him a tums (I read on the bottle where it helps a sour stomach, and my meds are limited in the camper) and within 30 minutes, that little bit of "warmness" on his forehead had turned into full fledged heat. I gave him childrens advil and he crawled in the camper bed with hubs and I. That made for no sleep as a camper bed is smaller than my king size bed. Husband gets up around 5 a.m.ish to go hunt and 4boy is back up, still feverish and wanting me to rub his tummy. I rub until he gets back to sleep and we manage to steal another 2 hours of rest before he's up for good. He did well most of Saturday until around 3 when another fever spikes. I couldnt tell you how high because i dont have a thermometer in the camper, but i knew it was high. His tummy still hurts too. Another tums, a couple of burps later and his tummy "feels better" but the fever isnt going anywhere. By this time, we are getting calls that the weather is going to be bad Saturday night with bad winds, tornado warnings and thunderstorms. I'm beginning to feel bad so i decide it's time to lock and load up. Husband comes in from his evening hunt at 6, and i tell him that i'm feeling bad, its getting colder, the weather is going to shit and 4boy's fever isnt getting any better. He helps me load up the kids and I head home, where it only gets worse.
Having access to a thermometer, i find that 4boys fever is hitting 102.9 and at one time 103.4. I'm dosing him with motrin and by now, myself with tylenol cold. That cough he was developing on Saturday has now been passed to me. The kinda cough that hurts your chest, the one where it feels like someone is reaching down your throat and spooning the gookiness out, that deep wet cough! And it hurts! 4boy and myself are a total wreck by Sunday, he's laying around lethargic and i'm right next to him. His fever is so high (only reckoning after some motrin) that he's sleeping on and off, and i'm drinking nyquil like Saturday morning orange juice so i'm dozing off and on.
Husband gets back to the house, bragging about how well he did cleaning the camper for me and offering sympathy from a distance. (He didnt want to get sick) He focuses on earning brownie points so he can evening hunt on our property behind the house guilt-free. I told him to go.......... just cook something for dinner when he comes back because i'm too tired and drugged to be around the stove. All is good, me and 4boy continue to nap while the girls do whatever they do (TV, Cpu, SUPPOSED to be cleaning their room, but i never checked) when husband comes out of the woods at 6. He commences to making dinner, which is a nice thought but he makes Fried Porkchops and French Fries. Like, I can eat that with a throat that I can barely swallow with and a cough that is damn near killing me. And god knows i didnt want 4boy eating it, because with a fever and nasty cough, he will throw it up. So I lay into his ass about cooking something that only he and the girls can eat while me and 4boy are dying. "There's soup in the cabinet, it never occurred to you to cook that for the SICK people in the house?" Granted, i was probably being a bitch and should have been more grateful that he cooked a good meal, but you would have to understand my husband. He is selfish by nature, something i've been able to overlook or tame with him, but there are times he just falls off the wagon, and i was over tired, over drugged, 4boy was clingy to me, We were both either too hot or too cold and just plain old miserable. (I did apologize this morning for being such a bitch with him, and reiterated how yucky we feel)
So after another long night (Last night) of up and downs, and meds at 2 a.m and feeling like we had been sleeping for 5 hours only to wake up and look at the clock and see we've only been sleeping for 40 minutes, I crawled out of bed this morning and came to work. 13 stayed home with 4boy today. (This is the last week of school for the girls, with parties etc. and she's an honor roll student so her missing a day wont kill 'er) 4boy isnt as feverish today as he was over the weekend but he didnt need to be at school. I'm feeling the effects of being drugged all yesterday, and have that nasty cough, with a headache that slowly will kill you, but i will survive. I'll go home and back to bed for an hour or so. The hubs and i are back to talking since i apologized for being such a bitch, and this week he has a traditional 8-5 schedule versus his normal 9:30-6 so he can help this week in the evenings.
I've still got some Christmas shopping to do, 13's ortho appointment, and preparation for 11's birthday to finish up this week. Oh, and husbands papa turns 89, so we have that bday dinner on Tuesday (I'm soooo finding a way out of that) and grammice! is supposed to get 4boy on Wednesday so he can go see santa claus. Oh, and 13 has a cheer xmas party also. I have no clue how i'm going to manage everything and still have this cough!
I will post later about my doc appointment. I will live, it's nothing major serious, just another op that will require time off work and me balancing finances, kids, work and home. The age old dilemma........
Monday, December 17, 2007
Cough-Cough-Puke!
Posted by kheatherg at Monday, December 17, 2007
Labels: Four, hubs, ThisnThat, Tis the season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
G-son called & wanted me to buy him a toy cause he was so sick. Yes you were bitchy, LOL. You should be taking AIRBORNE anyway. Don't mind me I'm just the mom :-{
I feel for you girl...that sounds like the same crap going around here too...seems to take forever to get over it too...get plenty of rest when you can...it does help...and water!!!
Post a Comment