WTF?
Usually, I could care less about what stars do, its their life and i'm very much a "Live and let live" person, but this one bothers me. I have an 11 year old who is glued to shows like Zoey 101. All the kids are home sick today, one more day, so they were watching the news with me this morning and the conversation went something like this:
Kids: Mom, look Brittany Spears sister is pregnant and she's like 16!
Me: Your shittin' me?
Kids: Nope, come look.
Me: Saunter into the living room, stand and listen to GMA talk about her being pregnant and ways to discuss it with your children.
Kids: See?
Me: Yep, and thats too bad.
Kids: Why? She has the money to raise a kid! She plays on Zoey 101.
Me: There's more to raising kids than having money.
Kids: I thought we were supposed to wait until we are married to have kids...
Me: You are.
Kids: Then why did she get pregnant? (And then like an epiphany) She was having sex at 16!!!!
Me: Because she's spoiled and stupid and is now going to turn her being a kid and having a kid into something great, and its not. Shame on her for being irresponsible. She might have it easier than some because she's famous but in the REAL WORLD where WE LIVE, pregnant at 16 years old is not good news, and i'd like it if you would stop watching that zoey show.
Kids: Ya, She's stupid. I wont watch it no more. Besides, i like that new icarly show anyway.
And they go back to flipping through the channels. Like its nothing to them, and they are right. But the judgemental bitch in me just wants to slap Jamie Spears. And then I come to work and read the news article and listen to what she says and it makes me want to puke. Not that i've ever made the most graceful of choices myself, but i've never had millions of impressionable kids looking up to me either. If i were the journalist, our interview would have gone something like this:
Jamie: "It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected,"
Heatherg: Well, honey what did you think would happen if you had unprotected sex?
Jamie: "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."
Heatherg: Oh, He didnt know EITHER????? Since both your parents failed to tell you the consequences of having unprotected sex at 16....... What message does you want to send to other teens about premarital sex?
Jamie: "I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait,"
Heatherg: So basically, you'd like to tell the millions of kids who follow you and look to you for social guidance to STOP - That you were WRONG? That you fucked up?
Jamie: "But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in."
Heatherg: Yes, you certainly put yourself in a "position" didnt you?
Lynn Spears pops in: "She was very upset because it wasn't what she expected at all,"
Heatherg: I can understand her being upset, who knew that having sex without using ANY type of birth control would produce a pregnancy?
Lynn: "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew.
Heatherg: Because sex between 2 16 year olds doesnt take that long sweetie. Maybe you should have been more concerned with what she was doing instead of what time she would be home?
Nickelodeon released a statement: "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."
In layman's terms:
Oh Shit, the star of our sitcom, who is a hero to millions of pre-teen girls is knocked up.
I swear, sometimes i just wonder if the rich and famous even think past their ass?
OK, i'm done being judgemental, and i've had to do all this pretty quick because i have work to do. I'm liking the husband a little better today probably because i am feeling better today.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Not that i'm a judgemental bitch or anything but.....
Posted by kheatherg at Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
GREAT! Sister Britney is a crappy mom that doesn't give a damn about her kids and now look who's next? Following in big sister's footsteps, huh? I love the part about "never being late for curfew"..yep. Love that mom. I am not perfect, but I damn sure feel better about myself now!
It was also reported by Nick that they terminated her contract:
On Wednesday, December 19, it was announced that Nickelodeon had terminated their contract with Jamie Lynn due to the network's widely child audience and the program's appeal to viewers from the ages of five to nineteen.
You stole my post!!! I read that and was thinking her mother is a total idiot!!! Its' not Jamie raising that kid, mom will be and it will be the replacement for the 2 that the other nasty sister had. Besides curfew has nothing to do with it, duh, huh I remember having sex in the daylight! Why do so many parents believe it can only happen at night? With all there money I'm sure someone could have afforded some type of protection! Hell, its FREE at the health dept. Even Paris Hilton knows that! LMAO!
Yeah, and did you see where Lynn Spears is writing a book on "parenting"? It is supposed to come out near "Mother's Day" 2008. What, is she going to tell people how to screw up your kids?
I think if the girl had half a brain she would have went and terminated the pregnancy and kept her mouth shut...but it seems the Spears' are proud of being ignorant
Post a Comment