I know i've been a bit MIA this week, but honest to god, i've been busy and stressed to the max! Balls to the wall, BUSY! Here are a few things that have kept me occupied;
I got a call from 3 of the kids teachers in one form or another this week! (The same day)
4boy refuses to listen to or help with the cleaning up his mess process while at his afternoon childcare. He's the most defiant child i've raised. I think we've remedied the situation though. We simply offered him money. It's worked the last 2 days.
13's cheer coach emailed me to tell me that 13 is no longer full of the sunshine she was when she made the team. (13 and the word Sunshine...makes me laugh anyway) I've spoken with 13 and told her that if she doesnt find some cheer spirit in her body, i was going to take that 700 bucks i've spent on cheer, out of her ass. Needless to say, she doesnt have enough ass for me to actually pull 700 bucks out of, but the threat alone, has turned her back into sunshine. I'm such a good mom. 
11 came home with a story at the first of the week that involved her being picked on at school. The good mom i am called the school, spoke with a councilor and waited for the councilor to "fix" this situation where my sweet, innocent 11 year old was being picked on. She's a petite thing and we have already having some academic issues and i needed to address the social issues before she "bottomed out". The councilor spoke with all the students involved and it was unanimous, my 11 year old was the instigator. She was/is the bully. I had to eat large amounts of crow when the councilor called me back. And 11 had to eat large amounts of soap when she got home from school and confronted her with her cursing mouth. She made some nasty remarks to another kid and called her some nasty names, so we used soap to clean up that mouth. I ate crow, she ate soap. Fair is fair.
I also decided, in light of my children going haywire this week, to switch bedrooms between 13 and 11. 13 had a room right next to mine and other than her cheer spirit issues, she seems to be doing rather well academically, whereas 11 is giving me a run for my money. This is not to say i dont need the running exercise, this is more to say that i'm sick of the shit that 11 is throwing at me. Her room was through the kitchen, on the other side of the house so she had alot of unsupervised freedom. I'm moving 13 into the unsupervised freedom room because she has proved to be somewhat (for as much as a 13 YO can be) responsible. This moved 11 up under my ass where i can monitor her every.move. I'm not looking forward to having to be thismuch-up in her business but i guess i'm going to have to be. The room by mine has no TV, no cpu, no stereo and is about half the size of the unsupervised freedom room.
The catch? 13 wont move into the unsupervised freedom room (sounds like its in the back yard with no parental involvement at all, doesnt it? No worries, thats not entirely true.LOL) Nonetheless, 13 wont move unless we paint it because 11 hung posted with concrete nails ruining the drywall. (Let me save Grammice! the trouble of commenting to say I also did this as a pre-teen) Anyway, in adding to my busy-ness, i'm going this afternoon to get paint where my hubs and some family members will paint the damn room tonight. Grammice! will be over tomorrow with a vacuum that actually sucks more than air to vacuum and wet wash the carpets. This should make 13 happy enough that she will get her shit from the middle of the living room and kitchen and move it into the unsupervised freedom room without to much bitchin'. But indeed, she's 13, so she'll find something else to bitch about.
11 is already in the room next to mine.
In adding to this weeks busy-ness and STRESSED excuse, I havent had a break at work all week!!! I live in Florida and some construction and roofing laws have changed. The new ones go into effect on Monday. The difference in your construction and roof is about a 40% increase in the contract amount. Needless to say, our estimators are selling, selling, selling this week because everyone wants to pull their permit before the laws change. This has increased my work load about 70% this week, making me the poster child for stress induced ticks.
Today is Friday.
Thank God.
But shit, we still gotta paint tonight. Oh, and i gotta go to the grocery store. Oh and the bank. Oh, and 13's bedroom furniture is still strewn throughout the house for another day or two............
Tick.Tick.
*I know i havent been commenting this week, and i know how much my comments mean to you, but i need you to suck it up and love me anyway. There's always tomorrow. Smooches.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Because I am a caring parent. *Edited to add
Posted by kheatherg at Friday, September 28, 2007
Labels: Eleven, Four, Twelve, Wish me luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Whiner!
Grammice is a good mommy, Grammice is a good mommy. Repeat that over and over again.
Slacker...you should be the Queen of Multi-Tasking...get with it woman...LOL (I'm just pickin...)
Post a Comment