Guest Post by Krista, (whether she knew it or not when she initially emailed me)
I HATE Mondays….I really do…after 2 days of relaxing and sleeping and napping, I just really hate coming in on Monday. Tuesdays are way busier for me, but Mondays just really suck. I need a break from my desk for a moment, so I’ll tell you about my shopping experience this weekend….
So this weekend, I went bra shopping….I was down to one and I keep thinking about your blog for the past week and came to the conclusion that I’m also getting older and I think I deserve a better bra then the $10 ones that I buy at Wally World. So, feeling like I’m going to have the same problem as you, I went to Avenue (it is a fat people store like Lane Bryant and I LOVE IT…it has sizes from 14 all the way up to like 32 or something like that- not that I need that big). So anyway, I went because I got a flier that bras are on sale buy 1, get the 2nd ½ off and then gave me a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase and then 25% my most expensive item. I also need jeans…I have like 3 pair and we were just notified that because we all complained of the slum conditions that we have to deal with in our building in the annual survey they do throughout all of Sedgwick, we got the opportunity to wear jeans until our lease is up and we move to a more suitable location. So I walk in and I go to the bra section….$34 for a bra. Are you kidding me? I have never, ever, ever spent this much on a bra. When I buy my cheapies from Wal-Mart, I wear a 38B (this is why I’m so surprised that you didn’t fit into a 38B). I tried it on….nope. aint workin. So I go up to a 40B (YES, MS. VICTORIA SECRET, THEY DO MAKE THEM BIGGER THEN A 38….HA!) The 40B is snug (not uncomfy) on the last hook….so I bought it anyway. I couldn’t muster up the pride to go up to a 42B. So, it fits and it is comfy, but the 42 would have given me more comfort…so now I just have to loose some weight…and get back on my damn meds that I haven’t taken in a month….oops. I just can’t stand taking pills and honestly, I forget….then I remember and am too lazy to get up, get the pills, get something to drink and then post back up on the couch for Law and Order.
So I bought 2 bras….and I’m telling you, I was feeling pretty….I have $68 worth of intimates in my buggy….oh? what’s this? A panty sale? What? Buy 2, get 2 free? Oh my gosh….did you feel that? Heaven…could you imagine how good my fanny would feel in that material? So, I pick out 4 of them….then I look at the tag….$16 each. WTF? I know my a$$ is big, but I know good and damn well that I don’t need $16 worth of material to cover it! My $8 six-pack from Wally World has covered it just fine. But you know what? I work hard for my money and if I’m going to spend $34 on a bra, then I think I need equally extravagant panties, right? Maybe it will help my self esteem? Make me feel a tad more sexy? Then I found a clearance bin….undies for $1.99….now THAT”S what I’m talkin’ bout!!!!!! Okay….what’s left? Three 14/16s and then the rest were 30/32s….so I’m looking….and the ones that are $16 each (notice I’m omitting the size? J ) are making the 14/16s look like the 30/32s…granted, they have more stretch to them, but holding them up on top of each other and the 14/16s are 4 inches wider….should I try them? For a $1.99, hell yeah, I should!!! But, I can’t put down the ones I know will fit or I will be stuck WITHOUT ANY and then next time they won’t be on sale…you know…I had to rationalize it somehow because I had spent a lot of time picking out the expensive ones and now I’m attached to them. So….add another $6 to my bill.
Onto the jeans….I only found one pair I liked in my size….then I’m off to the shirts and OMG, my fav type of shirt is on sale for $9.99 and there are 15 different colors….throw 4 in….no, no, no…..can’t do that. That’s $40!!! Okay…put two back, kept a black one (which I really did need to complete an outfit) and a pink one that I just really wanted. Then next to it is one of those lightweight zip-up hoodies and I wear the one I have a lot….it is $40, but will be my most expensive item and so I get 25% off….that’s $30…it’s pricey, but it has a nice embroidery to it and I know I will use it a lot…
So I get up to the register…………..holding my breath………….without my coupons……….$197. OUCH. Okay, this place is busy and there are people behind me….I can’t be a cheap-a$$ and have her start taking things off and I really don’t want to take anything off, because damnit I deserve this and R has spent WAY more then $200 lately….then she says….”Would you like to apply for an Avenue card?” “No, I have too many credit cards anyway, thank you.” “Well, if you approved, you get _______ free and _______ free and $5 off a bra and $5 off your jeans and 20% off _______ and 30% off your highest item.” (The blanks are something I didn’t hear because she said it so fast and I was still in shock that I just spent $200 in underwear.) Well, the chick in line next to me was like…”Wow….it can’t hurt….just do it!!” “Okay, what the hell….I’ll do it” So, as I’m filling out the application and handing it in, I’m thinking, “HELL-O?? Krista? Are you nuts?? You didn’t even check on the interest rate, what about a processing fee, annual fee and what if you get declined and you just held up all these people behind you….OMG, I will be so embarrassed….” “Ms. Krista?” -Afraid to look up at her, face turning red- “Yes?” “You were approved for $250!!” great. thanks. Another credit card…..so she goes to scanning this and that coupon…my free things were a pair of pantyhose and a free bottle of perfume…she is scanning this coupon and that coupon and it dropped to $130 and I didn’t pay a dime because they put it right on my card (well, I didn’t pay YET.)
So, then I went to the grocery store (I haven’t been grocery shopping since we bought the truck, so I’m out of EVERYTHING. $200….thank goodness I didn’t spend that on panties right now or we would have went another week without food or toilet paper!
So, anyway….if your mammie still wants to get you a nice bra….go to Avenue.com and I have a coupon that you can use!!!
Monday, March 26, 2007
Screw the coupon, can I use the shiny new card?
Posted by kheatherg at Monday, March 26, 2007
Labels: Krista
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
There are so many fun things to do in your new underwares...You can sit in your pretty new Bra & Panties and: have dinner,sit in your living room & watch Law & Order, stand outside & wave to people going by, after all you have brand spanking NEW underwares!!! That is a party. Teach the bird to sing the theme from Miss America & stroll across the living room. Have fun with it girl, after all you got expensive NEW Underwares.
Damnit...I can't email her ANYTHING!!
Post a Comment