It feels like a fireplace poker that is heated at the end, like its being jabbed into my left side. It doesn't hurt so much WITHIN my body, its the stitch area. I have layers of stitches on the left side and the layers hurt. They hurt.
Its hurts to sit straight in a chair, i have a hard time sleeping because i can only lie on my back, no sides or rolling........ and i cant stand for long periods of time. Sitting in this chair, in front of my cpu, is also difficult. I'm scared to death to go back to work because i will have to sit in a chair, straight up, for 8 hours. Percocet helps, but it makes me loopy. Ibuprofen has been a close friend of mine and will continue to be .......
I know I'm whining. I cant imagine having to have had this surgery before when they cut you open versus the laproscopy method. But then again, it seems to me like the one week the doctors say is required for laproscopy recovery, is underestimated. I think maybe, two weeks, would be more appropriate.
Doctors just push and push in to days age. They push you to get well. I'm not sure they are allowing the body time to adjust and heal properly. I'm not sure if its for insurance reasons or medical science is on the brink of you being able to give birth in a phone booth during your lunch hour but i can tell you that at this very moment, one week is insufficient healing time for a hysterectomy.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
In Pain.
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, March 15, 2007
Labels: ThisnThat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
20 yrs. ago you got 6wks. It hurts, its uncomfortable and somedays its worse than child birth. But then all of the sudden it goes away. I suggest you go back to work 8-3 1st week. You WILL feel better I promise! Everything has gone to "drive-by" surgery. On the Discovery channel guy had brain surgery to remove a clot & was released the next day!!! So why do insurance rates keep going up if they keep you less and less time in the hospital? Anybody? O and buy stock in Ibuprofen. Love Mom
1 week. That sucks ass. The medical care system/insurance is seriously flawed. I still think 2 days is too short to stay in when you've had a baby, let alone any major surgeries where you get BODY PARTS taken completely out.
Hope you feel better soon, I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Well...see...we shoul dhave found a way for this to be related to a work comp claim and then you would have AT LEAST been given 3 weeks off...then light duty for another 3...your home health care assistance would have been paid for and even mileage to and from the hospital!
And they wonder why work comp insurance is so high...THAT system is totally messed-up, too!
Post a Comment