I passed my pre-op appointment today. Which really means they said my lungs were clear so i could still have my surgery on Friday. I'm not quite a large basket of nerves, but I'm a bit skiddish. I'm out of work next week so i went ahead and paid all my bills. This makes the "Fanatic-anal" side of me extremely happy.
You ask.......... what does not being at work have to do with paying your bills? Fine, I'll tell you. I'm comfy at my desk, ON a desk, staring at my account online and using my office calculator to figure balances. I also get extra excited about grabbing a quick envelope from my desk drawer and using our stamp machine. When i can pay online, i do, but when i cant, its certainly easier to do it at work and not search the house for stamps, envelopes, pens and other shit that the kids lose.
I mean really, the shit kids lose!
Can anyone please tell me where the hell those 5 packages of 10-pack socks are that I've bought Four this year? I cant find one damn matching set for that boy! Thank god flip flop season is around the corner!!
How about Hair ties? (Rubber bands) Hands? Anyone raising their hand? Do you know where they are? I mean, shit, i just bought a set of 100 of every single color in a paint chart and i cant find one. Not one. Not one single damn rubber band. And i wont even mention scrunchies.
Washcloths? I use them at the kitchen sink to wash dishes with. Or at least I used to. I'm sure we must have one floating around somewhere.......... some where? They have all disappeared. I blame this on the girls because they fold and put away laundry and in about 3 years, i will probably find all 10 of my washcloths shoved in the back corner of a "winter clothes drawer".
CD's. Good god almighty, i cant tell you how many times I've gone to get one of my CD's and the kids borrowed them, and then stand in front of me for 15 minutes arguing over which one borrowed it.
My chances of actually retrieving the CD i was originally after, is pretty much shit.
Really. Don't ask to borrow a pen, and be prepared to sign school notes in broken crayon. Any color works. I don't know where the 500 pens i steal from the office go. I don't even ask anymore.
You need a towel? One that is in decent shape? HA! We used to have a bunch in the linen closet ( LOL- Linen closet- that's funny, I'm a work-out-of-the-house-mom with 4 kids, my Linen closet it actually a cabinet in my bathroom and you pray the kids folded the towels before they SHOVED them in there!) (Oh, Clean it you say? What, you don't think i have? You come clean it!) Now, back to my towels. I think they are scattered along the beaches and rivers in this region because damned if i know where they are.
The 5 Nail polish bottles that I (As in ME, Myself, MINE!) that i got for Christmas? If i had to bet the hubs huntin' rifle on it (Which means serious business) I would guess that Twelve put them in her "special place" so I don't lose it. Yep. that's right- she will take them from ME and put them in HER SPECIAL HIDING PLACE so i don't lose it. I have yet to figure WTF is up with that?
While we are in my Nail box. I'd like to mention that the 642 pairs of tweezers that I've purchased since 1993 are gone. I guess they packed up and left. Couldn't tell you where they hauled ass to, but i can guarantee they aren't at my house.
And the one that tops it all off...........
If you haven't hidden the remote control in YOUR SPECIAL HIDING PLACE, then forget about it. Its in someone Else's SPECIAL HIDING PLACE and your getting off your ass to change that channel until she gets home from school and tells you where it is.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Its under the sofa. In the corner. ya, thats it. Nooooo, not that. There, I see it!
Posted by kheatherg at Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Labels: Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
I know exactly what you mean..
Socks are in that special place in the washer. & NO they d/n come back after the kids leave...you will find a laundry basket,superdome size, it will have only 1 sock of each lost sock. Throw it away. I have NO sympathy for nail polish etc. I'm still waiting to get mine back from your "special hiding place." We even moved several times..maybe some other mom has found it? Hmmm At least your towels are clean...remember "re-hanging" dirty towels & swearing you just got them out of the dryer. Again, "No Sympathy". Love mom
Oh...did I tell you I "borrowed" a hair tie last time I was there?
Oh, you need it back, now? Send me a stamp... :)
Amen! SOunds lke my house, and I'm two kids down from you. I blame it on on hubby, he doesn't put anything back where it belongs.
I also do my bills at work (and swipe postage envelopes, pens and other such crap.) It's nice to have that tape running while your money disappears.
Post a Comment