CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 8, 2007

You love me, you really, really love me!

I got 3 emails today (3!) wondering why I didn't post last night. I didn't realize I meant so much to you! This Christmas, I will indeed, send you my wish list.

Posting every night is not easy, just so you know.


So......................
Does Mayberry still exist? Does anyone know where I can find Aunt B's house? The hubs and I are dying to live in a more rural area. I've been looking into the Elizabethtown area of Kentucky off and on for quite awhile. It's BFE. We love BFE. BFE sounds more than awesome to us. Elizabethtown is actually the CITY part, we are looking a the outskirts of it. Elizabethtown (or E-Town as its referred to by the locals) is where you would have to work. We liked Mount Sherman......... population 300. lol But leaving my parents and SOME of his family would be devastating to us as well. We are chicken shit and torn. We are in limbo.

I've asked darling, dear krista and Ro to move there with us and this is the response I got from her today:


"Yeah…I don’t think that Elizabethtown has a worker’s compensation office…I remember that damn town from the website that you sent me a while back where you could compare your salary to what you had to make at another town and I think when I checked out that town (upon your advise), I would have to make like 7k a year and I’m sure it’s because you grow/raise/slaughter your own damn food there on that 60 acres and make your 7k a year selling homemade strawberry preserves to the city folks who are passing through and selling you invention of cheap dentures carved from the hooves of slaughtered cows to the Elizabethtown-ians who have no damn teeth



Could you imagine my 401k plan on 7k a year? That is one of those places that you retire more then comfortably to, not live while trying to save money to retire….I’d be selling jam for the rest of my life up to the point where I could model my own cow-hoof dentures product and never be able to retire.



I’m just not with all that.



Plus, I’m limited. I do FLORIDA WC. There are offices in Atl that handle FL WC so I don’t have to worry…moving too far takes me out of my area of expertise. But hey…that’s all good….you can move to Elizabethtown and I’ll move to Atl making all my bucks and I’ll have plenty of money to fly in on a crop-duster right into your 60 acres to visit. But don’t expect me to buy your damn dentures…"



See Folks, this is love. She would fly in to see me!!

4 comments:

G-mom said...

Five reasons why you can't move:
5)You will kill your kids after the 1st "no school snow day."
4)There is no Sams,Walmart or Dollar store.
3)WW doesn't allow Jam
2)You have all your own teeth
And the #1 reason you can't move...
1)I'm the MOM and I said so!!!

Anonymous said...

Lols. I heart Krista.

7K a year. Hmmmm...

From what I remember, there were a lot of more rural areas up your way. Of course, I haven't lived there in 7 years, so things have changed I'm sure.

FYI, my SIL's brother is one of the fill-in weather men on the local ABC (I think?) affiliate up there. He came down here for the Jimmy Buffett concert last night and he may get to meet Jimmy when he gets back there as the local anchor is trying to get an interview with him. Ah, brushes with stardom.

And your mom is TOO cute.

Anonymous said...

Heather- rural is gone up here. Land and housing is crazy for this area. The economic growth up here is on the slow train campared to housing affordability.

and I heart krista too.

as for mom, she forgets that her parents moved from pennsylvania and she moved from down south so it's almost a tradition on our side. lol

hg

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted that. You didn't respond, so I thought it never even reached you...lol.