Having small children (Under 5) watch TV during the day is Bad, Bad, Bad. Got that? Its Bad!
That's what the consensus seems to be, That small children have no business watching tv because it destroys their brain cells and turns them into serial killers. It modifies their behavior and yadda-yadda............. but yet I read blogs where people Shamefully admit they allow their children to watch little Einsteins, doodle bops and shows of that such. These blogs, (Of which i don't want to point out who, because OH, THE SHAME they already feel for allowing their children to watch TV- the TV from Hell, in which their children are going to need therapy for many years to come because they watched TV at 4 years old!!!!) OK, back to what i was saying, these are stay at home moms who actually feel bad for allowing their children to watch TV. I am just wondering, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT?
Mr. Four, my pride, my most awesome little boy.......
does NOT watch television. He has a TV in his room, oh yes he does, we bought it for him, its there for him to view at his leisure and I'll still be damned if he doesn't watch it! For Christmas, i bought him power ranger DVDs and scooby doo and other cool movies......... do you think he watches them? Oh hell no he doesn't. What does this do to me as a mother? It breaks my heart in half, it pulls at my gut! I have provided him with all that he needs to stare into the TV for hours and physically, he cant do it. He can watch TV for 3 minutes before he's off on another adventure.
Don't worry, I've had him tested! He's certainly not slow, i tried getting him on the short bus so we wouldn't have to sleep with the school staff to pay his daycare, but he tested above average. He walked, i mean solid walked, at 8 months old. I think he was sick of being stepped on ? He talked when he had something to say and when he was more than receptive to a sippy cup. He pretty much potty trained himself because i was too busy watching TV to do it. I admit, we've spoiled him, he's my only boy and my baby, but this whole "him NOT watching TV" scares me. I'm beginning to wonder if he is normal?
Shouldn't 4 year old boys watch TV? For their parents sake at the very least?
On another note-
I also want to mention that since my mom went on all that crack and lost all that weight through WW and exercise (ya, they work when combined- who would've thought?) she has been hit with the saggy titty syndrome. I suggested a sports bra when she cloggs, because in her current exercise attire (a T-shirt) her STS is obvious. I'm really upset as it's pure genetics and i don't want STS. I mean, who wants to have to purchase another pair of shoes for their saggin' titty's?
love you mom.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Where did I go wrong?
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Labels: Four
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Cool.. I'm a great mom then.. My kids watch loads of mind melting TV.. I nap.. Hee hee..
OK, so I have STS. I also smoke, drink vodka/grapfruit juice and have been known to sing Garth Brooks'"Friends in Low Places" at the top of my lungs w/the windows down in my 4x4 truck! As far as shoes to support your hereditary STS, WHEN have YOU ever complained about buyinng shoes...Imelda?
Love You
I'm a SAHM and I have no guilt whatsoever about the TV watching. What's funny is, there is a lot of "quiet time" around here at my command but otherwise, there's a TV on somewhere in the house all the time, but they ignore it a lot too. They have so many other things to do, yeah, the big ones would sit there for multiple hours if I let them but the small ones, they watch as much as they can stand and they get bored. He's normal, he just has better things to do!
I'm not a mom, but I always thought the point of TV was to give the SAHM a breather, maybe time to pee in peace, or possibly take a shower.
As for the STS, when mine started to go south, I headed for the pricey bra shop. I'd like to keep that bust/waist separation as long as possible.
Hes bored is all. You have a very intelligent child, just wait and see.
I was the same way when I was young only with reading. Being dyslexic I couldn't read fast enough to satisfy my mind so TV was my drug for learning. At a very young age I was soaking up Discovery, History Channel, TLC, much more often than cartoons.
Post a Comment