We made it through our camp-a-thon over the holiday in the woods. The husband didnt shoot any dear, but that was ok (For me anyway) because he had shot one 2 weeks before. (We gave the meat to a lady we know - she was very thankful!!) All in all it was uneventful unless you want to dredge up my husband's family members and what they did. Ya know, it's not that I hate them, it's just that i really dislike them them. They are just rude.
My SIL and BIL came to camp on Friday night to hang out. BIL is in the same hunt lease, so i expected to see him at some point. Actually, i expected that they would camp throughout the holiday as well but he had to work. I was thankful, thinking i
wouldnt have to deal with my SIL because i care for her less than our family pet, but it didnt turn out like that. They showed up Friday night. With no beer to drink, my BIL bummed a few from my husband. This pisses me off because if my hubs runs out, who do you think drives back into town to get more? Besides, I didnt buy it for him. One or two here or there (You know, like, within a month) doesnt bother me, but BIL showed up the next night and bummed more. Lets just my husband is much more giving than I am. But i will also add that next time, he wont have so much beer to be giving with.
My SIL was flaked drunk when she got there and full fledge when she left. The next night when they showed up with the hungry kids, she explained she had taken some meds before hand and thats why she was so drunk. Why she would take meds and then drink bacardi and coke is beyond me. We didnt speak much though, she literally rarely speaks to me when she's sober and night #2 she was sober. But boy, when she's drunk she's my bestest friend in the whole world ("We should really do a girls weekend Heatherg!" - but i would totally naw off my own arm before that would happen) We truthfully dont like one another at all, and we really arent all that "fakey" about it either. But like i said, when she is drunk, she's a chatterbox and i just kinda listen and add a word or two. (I was no where near intoxicated over the holiday) I simply just dont care for the person she is. I couldnt even understand why she was at my camp on night #2 but later learned that BIL was hunting and meeting her at our camp. I didnt like that either. Especially when i have a routine, and i had 6 Hamburgers for the 5 people in my house (Even 4boy eats a whole one) and it was just about dark and i HAD to feed my children (They were starving to death to hear them tell it) and her kids were saying how hungry they were and bummin' chips. Now what was I going to do? They had come unexpected, so i had no clue to purchase more food and i certainly wasnt going to not feed us. It was just a shitty situation all the way around. I can barely even type about it. On one side, i wish they would just get their shit set up so they can hang at their own camp, but on the other hand, i'm so damn negative about it that i'm letting it ruin my good time.
That and i have a schedule and them being up our ass in the evenings ruins my schedule and my routine with my kids. (Especially when its unexpected - It's not like i can send my kids in to watch TV and go to bed at 9 - while their cousins are hanging out at our camp!) I dont adjust to things well either. I really try to, but i'm not the most happy flexible person you'll ever meet. I have a hard time with change that i havent initiated, especially when it involves my WELL ESTABLISHED FREAKIN' ROUTINE. Having your kids on a routine when we are all camping is very, very important or you will go crazy! So i'm having to get through it and I like that even less.
Monday, November 26, 2007
I got through it, but i damn-sure didnt like it.
Posted by kheatherg at Monday, November 26, 2007
Labels: camping, Hubs family, Tis the season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
As much as I hate to agree with the "Camping Nazi", she is totally right about routine. When you dry camp and resources are limited, you bring a little extra but for the most part its a "science". SIL did this last year. She does it to everyone. Pawns her kiddies off on others who feed and watch. Its very sad. I'm thinking you should tell her as soon as she shows up "We are having baloney sandwiches I have 6 slices you need to go get some if your staying." LOL
God...this sounds like the week I had....I hoped you would have a better time...what a leech she is!!!
Ahh, families and the holidays. What would we tell stories about without them?
Post a Comment