CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 2, 2007

And this is the world i brought my children into.

I cant believe how i am feeling lately. The tragedy's i've read about and the ones i've had to deal with personally. Just a glimpse into what the hubs and i to deal with yesterday.

I just cant believe it!

The wife, Leslie was married to a friend of ours. When they divorced, you know how you kinda go one way with one person from the broken marriage?...... well, my husband had been friends with B for years prior to their marriage so when it went south, thats who we stayed closer to. Leslie moved north and her and B got along and shared custody of their 7 year old child. B had her all last year during the school year. This year was Leslie's year to keep her. Leslie had 3 kids from her prior marriage to B. I hadnt heard, and really hadnt even thought to ask how she was and B never really said........ we knew they did well with their shared custody and got along, so really, there was no reason to ask........ BUT obviously there was ALOT going on in Leslie's life. Hell, we didnt know she had gotten remarried! Either way, I guess the new husband (However "new" he was) wasnt such a good guy.

Only god can sort this kinda thing out, and you have to wonder what the hell he was thinking. There are many video's and news stories in reference to this tragedy, you can look them up if you like...... I'm just in shock. Our friend B, left Halloween to go get his daughter. The father of the 2 surviving children from her first marriage also went to get his children. I've read comments that say that the shooter had children also......what must they be thinking? Like i said, we are simply in shock. Granted, leslie had the morals of an alley cat, but for this to be your destiny? I have to wonder.

4 comments:

Lauren S. said...

OMG! I am so sorry to hear that. I feel for that little child. My heart breaks.

G-mom said...

Yeah, that sucked. I'm glad B is a good dad because she will need every bit of that.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. i am SO sorry to hear about this. So, so, sorry.

Ann(ie) said...

OMG. What a tragedy! I always hear about stuff like this on the news, but to actually know the people? wow. So sad. =( Sending prayers for the survivors.