Im going to play off Weather's post today. Actually, she posted it a couple of days ago but i just read it so its still new to me! And we KNOW i have an opinion, so I'm going to share it.
Im at work yesterday and talking with one of the estimator guys who is telling me about his wife and yadda-yadda. I go ahead and hand him his paycheck (as they were ready) and he mentions that she's getting that too. I of course, laugh and tell him that's the way it should be and he asks me if i get my hubs paycheck. (uh yes, i pay the bills!) and then he asks me the only question that i was unable to answer with my quick wit.
"What does your husband do?"
"He works" was my answer but outside of that, i had a blank stare. I told him where the hubs works but stammered a bit with what else he does. We laughed it off and went on about our business.......
And then i spent 30% of my spare thought processes to try and come up with what more the hubs does. Hmmmm, he hangs out in the yard after work at the house with his idiot friends, having a few cold ones and watches the sprinkler go round and round. (I shit you not) He watches the sci-fi channel. He takes Four with him when he hangs at a buddy's house or runs an errand. Okay people, i'm now at a stand still. Im not sure what else he does. I mean, he is in the middle of building a lien-to onto the big ole shop he built. The shop houses his shit, but the lien-to will house our camper, so its good he is building it. Although its not 100% necessary and it is costing money. Oh yeah, he spends money. Thats something else he does. Um, lets see. He hasnt cut grass yet this year because he said he's "letting it root" (Again, I shit you not) but it doesnt really, really NEED to be cut either. Oh, I got one! He is now officially picking Four up from childcare everyday because he is close to him and i work across town. That is a biggie because it allows me to go straight home!!
Um....................Um......................Um........... Lets move on to what I do.
I cook, I do dinners (Hubs will kick in on occasion-score one for him!) I worry about the bills, i manage the bills and i pay the bills, I drop off and pick up kids 96% of the time, I manage their summer schedules to include vacations away from the home and daily activities within the home. I manage the household chores by delegating responsibility, and manage activity payments that go out the door. I do the grocery shopping, bank runs and manage when we dont have what we need.
(Lemme stop, i just read back and it sounds like a resume, thank god i got a job ALREADY and can now stop writing like that!LOL)
Basically, if it takes more than a minutes thought, I do it. Its no wonder i have time to wash my butt in the shower. And dont think thats done without an audience either. Hell, i rarely poop in peace.
But you know what?
I know what i do and i know what he does and doesnt do and i've accepted it. He hasnt changed, he does no more today than he did when we met. At times, it frosts my mug to no end, but he's accepted the "anal bitch in me" and i've accepted that my husband watches a sprinkler twirl around and around in the summer and a fire blaze in the winter. This is who he was raised to be. Its not his fault. Its his mommas fault for not teaching him to multi-task and time-manage things with accuracy. (Sorry, resume writing again) He simply would screw up our entire household if left to the bills and basics. He doesnt know how. What he does know, he's prolly forgotten because I am a strong soul. I took it all over at one time or another, although i dont remember how or when it happened. I can handle it, and deep within, even with my moody bitchin' days, I wouldnt have it any other way. I am the boss, and as long as I KNOW IT and dont shout it OUTLOUD and keep myself humbled, its all good. It even gives me a sense of security. I can handle my shit, i'm not flopping around out there trying to figure out which way is up, I know which way and am damn proud i can get there. And although the hubs doesnt do nearly as much as i do on the surface, the little shit he does is HUGE to me.
An example,
We're out celebrating my getting a job last Saturday night (Ya, celebrating for the umteenth time. I know. lol) and there's this guy "eyeing" me (Because i clean up good!) and the hubs notices and starts talking to the guy. I vaguely hear the guy mention me (not by name) while I am playing pool. And you know what i hear then? I hear it loud and proud, as my hubs says:
"Yep, thats the mother of my four children"
Granted, it was in a "She's taken buddy" kinda tone, but just to look up from the pool table and hear that, absolutely made me feel good. Really good. A sense of my own pride.
And it would be that kinda little shit that makes me all gooey, so im gonna keep the lazy, builder of whatever he deems we need, around the house for another 30 years or so...........
Thursday, June 7, 2007
He provides me with booty too.
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, June 07, 2007
Labels: hubs, Opinion, other bloggers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comments:
AMEN!!! Sister...I know exactly where you are coming from on that one...LOL
Post a Comment