
Look what i got nominated for? Ha- and you thought i was slacking on some of my posts lately, didn't you? Truth be told, I am. I am totally sucking because frankly, my life is oh-so boring. I mean, i could go on and on about daytime TV or i could whine-ass about not having a job and the fact that i am bustin' tail to get one but the job market seems to be extra crappy this month. OO, I know, i could write about being out of toilet paper and usually swiping a roll from the office potty room, but that cant happen so i bummed a few rolls from my moms house until i get to the grocery. How about instead, i blog about how no matter how many freakin' times i clean this house, its still messy/dirty the next day, and with wood floors and a four year old, i have to sweep more times than the average woman should. And that folks, would be my life.
Lack of toilet paper and dirty floors.
So imagine my surprise when i was nominated for a Thinking Blogger Award? I admit, its nice to be nominated. I am also shame because there were some really neat posts in my head until they were replaced with thoughts of "whose your baby daddy" at 4pm (ya gotta love Maury)and "Take responsibility for yourself" (Dr. Phil) I mean really people, I'm on the edge of mush-brain here!
So Thank you my dear online friend, Thank you for your kind words. I certainly appreciate them.
So here are the rules with being nominated:
1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think-
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme-
3. Optional: Display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative gold version if silver doesn't fit your blog.)
OK, so that's whats up, but truth be told? I don't have 5 people that i read who haven't already been nominated, so what am i supposed to do? How about i just give you my take on the blogs I read?
1. The Upbeat Divorce'
I got hooked because her EX husband is such an ass and idiot that it defines the laws of nature. Her dealings with him made me respect her anger control. Outside of being completely in awe of her tactical behavior with him, i was impressed with her keeping the ugliness out of the face of her daughter. I respected that. Now that she's finally divorced from him, she writes about the kiddo and her regular day life and that's just as interesting. And the tid-bits about the ex that she includes? Bonuses. Those little things that make you simply wonder how he's made it through this life.
2. And the Pursuit of Happiness.
Sonia posts quite a bit and always has something to say. I loved her series (Series, lol) on her son's birthday. I love that she has so much to say, so nicely. And she's a more "lovey-mom" than I am. Whereas we (The hubs too!) are sarcastic and fun, she is all love and fun. Not to say we don't love our heathens also, but our kids to us are heathens, Sonia's kids are her angels and i love reading about them. I admire the patience she has with them, sometimes i see myself and other times I think " my god, this woman is a damn saint" (Can you say damn and saint in the same sentence?)
3. And it Somehow keeps Turning
I'm a bit of a weather whore so when i found a blog where the owner was a weather chaser herself..... I peed my pants. I find her interesting and fun and her husband is alot like mine. She works outside of the home and has 2 wee ones and again, a husband like mine. Those who know me, know i love my hubs dearly but would rarely wish him upon anyone. Some men are just difficult in nature. Mind you, not stupid or irresponsible, just difficult. Weatherchazer has a full and busy life so i read her posts and am grateful she found the time to write them. I can appreciate that.
4. Deeper shades of red.
Ah yes, how could you not love Burg? And talk about imagination...... man, she writes about everything. I read her daily and try to comment just as much because not only does she have that same sarcastic wit as i do, she has more...... she's got some class. So many people see themselves in the things she writes about or her reactions or whatever the case. Its nice to read a blog and think to yourself " See, I'm not the only crazy one out there!" and that would be why I love Burg!
5. Mandajuice.
I've been reading Manda for a long, long time. This woman has a little boy just like my four, although he's a bit younger but her musings about him are oh-so familiar. I love to read what her little Alex is up to! She also has a wee little girl who is just a doll face. She's way far up north, a long way from me and her life is the polar opposite of mine. But it just goes to show, kids are kids as her kids are alot like my boy is and alot like my girls were. Oh, and her daughters name is Genoa. How cool is that?
So those are my 5 main blogs i read. I have others, but those are the ones i check most often, and actually comment on. And lately, I've been slacking on the comments part, but do know, I AM READING!
I may not be reading your blog for the reasons you want me to, or my perception of you may be a bit off, but either way, there is something in your writing that keeps me interested. I'm not sure if I'm just plain nosy or if these blogs were my soap operas before i was able to watch daytime TV, hence the job layoff. lol
Nonetheless, thanks for the nomination!
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Nominated!
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Labels: other bloggers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Congratulations!!! WHOOO!!! WHOOO!!! YEAHHHH!!! YEEEHAW!!! HOT DAMN!!! An award! Its the small victories that I enjoy the most.
Thank God you have inherited your mothers wit. LOL I have no blog therefore I live through my daughters'.
OMG....I can't believe you think I'm patient. Have you not heard the YELLING!!!!
Thanks, you're a dollface. If I played for the "home team", you'd be my girlfriend. For real.
Awww gee.... Thanks..
Congrats girl!! And believe me, you are never boring!! You ALWAYS make me laugh.
Sounds like some awesome new blogs for me to check out!! ;-)
You deserve it! Laughter being so scarce in my life (with adults- I laugh at/with my children often) I just love your blog! I wouldn't wish my hubs on anyone either- he's such a complete jackass!
Congrats, girlie. I do enjoy your blog...and even before your blog, I have always enjoyed your unique gift to write. You really SHOULD change professions.
Post a Comment