I went to my interview this morning. I think it went well. The hours they wanted were 7-3:30 and i am unable to do that because i have to drop four off at daycare, 7 a.m being the earliest he can arrive. She (The office Mgr) wasn't fazed by that and said they could easily adjust the hours. The pay is less than i was making but enough that i can survive. Insurance is offered after a year because their turnover is high and their insurance company recommended they wait until an employee has been there a year.
As soon as she said that the turnover was high, i was skeptical. Why would turnover be high? So I asked her. (Hell, i should know what I'm getting into right?) This company is a landscaping, nursery, irrigation, new construction company. Their turnover is mainly in the labor side of the landscaping division. That is understandable. The turnover in the office results from the office being in BFE. And frankly people don't like to drive to a rural area to get to work, with no place, and i mean NO Place to go have lunch. Out here, you bring your lunch. I happen to LIVE in BFE - in this rural area so she was mighty happy to hear that. It has its downside because i used to run most of our errands on my lunch hour and in this location, that's simply impossible. The hubs may have to kick in a bit with banking deposits etc. and he will have to pick four up from daycare if i get the position. (Fours daycare is awesome, so moving him to something closer is out of the question. When you find a good school that your child is happy at, you do what you have to do. )
As for health insurance etc., that's not an issue right now. The hubs works for the City so we can easily go on his insurance.
The even better news is, this is a subcontracting firm and they are growing out of control so she said salary, responsibility and all that would increase with time. I like to hear that.
I had 4 recommendation letters i presented her with detailing how wonderful i am. lol and she seemed very interested in me. When the conversation went "personal" I told her i didn't like staying at home after working for so many years yadda-yadda. I told her about the kids, they attend school close by (the girls anyway) and all that jazz. She was interested and very nice.
They dress casual there as well. She was wearing flip flops, i kid you not. Because the company is located in BFE, its not like clients walk through the door. It was a very nice office, didn't look like it was lacking anything, had pretty flooring etc through out. I think i would be happy there.....
Call backs are tomorrow for the second interviews with the owner. She said she'd like to get someone in by April 16Th to train with the girl who is leaving for a week before she goes. I could do that.
The job market where I'm at is shit. Actually i didn't realize what shit it was until i had to actually look for one. There are state positions available but about the time Four graduates college is when the state calls you in for an interview. And frankly, they don't pay that well. If your with the state, its for retirement reasons.
So that was my interview experience today. Hopefully it will go my way.
Oh, and the position i applied for and interviewed for a week ago... the guy is hiring a friend of a friend. I cant fault that, I've been given positions in the past because "i knew someone" and it might happen again in the future. So good luck to the lady who got the job, I'm sure she needed one as badly as I do!
Thursday, April 5, 2007
The Interview
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, April 05, 2007
Labels: Wish me luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Well as usual G-mom will p/u 4 at least 1 day a week. Working 7a-3p is totally awesome! I love leaving early before everyone else & getting home before everyone else. In your case different 730a-4p is still the bomb! Crossing my fingers. Happy Easter/Passover to everyone today!!!
Glad it went well - and it sounds like you talked quite a bit, so that's a good sign. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
Post a Comment