Would you believe my luck? Remember how i told ya'll about our camping during hunting season? Remember how we always have to pack up at the end of the year and bring the camper home so we can camp someplace that has water/swimming during the summer?
About 3 months ago i looked into another hunting camp. I know, How dare i look into a hunt camp that half the hubs family isn't in, but being me.......i stepped outside the box. Actually i more like jumped, drove, flew and cruised outside that box, but i did indeed look into another camp. This camp is located on one of Florida's most beautiful rivers, with a well (Which means running water and no more hauling water) with other women and children (No more solo camping with just me and my children - not to mention i wont have to deal with a SIL- Because again, its not MY family hunt
camp) and this new camp has over 3 thousand acres! Our current camp had 3000 acres last year but a private land company has gone in a bought 1200 acres which threw husband into a defining moment in his world that allowed me to be speak freely about looking for another camp.
One on the river.
Do i have to keep typing that? Its on the damn river! A private camp area, with private river access, ATVs encouraged, with 3000 acres. I think i just peed a little!!
We are going to check everything out this Saturday. We'll take our ATV's and go on the grand tour. We'll check the available camp sites, the hunting stands in place, the places you can add an additional stand, the river area etc. etc. The kicker is, we pay 900 bucks a year now to be in a lease for only 4 months of camping and the new lease is 1100 a year for a full year of Water access in the summer and hunting in the winter. Again, I think i just peed a little!!
I'm very excited that i could possibly leave my camper down there full time versus the hauling back and fourth as the seasons change. Most people like to travel all over with their camper, which is what we might do 20 years from now, but the idea of having a full time vacation camper in the center of 3000 acres with access to the river is so very inviting. And did i mention that not one single member of hubs family is in that lease? I think i just peed some more!!
I couldnt be any more excited.
And i should probably mention that we can park our boat in the designated private area and fish whenever we want to as well. I sure hope hubs likes what he sees Saturday!!!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I should prolly change my panties.
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Labels: camping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Your like the neighbors dog everytime she sees your dad....pee,pee,pee.
I am very very excited for you. You know they will ALL want to come to your land and #1 BIL will find something to try and change husbands mind. They are all sooooo jealous.
That sounds like a VERY NICE vacation for a change...I hope your hubs likes it as well and all goes as planned...keep us updated!!
Post a Comment