CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A couple of reasons I am broke.

4boy went to the dentist yesterday. We have around $1500.00 worth of work to do in his mouth. I already make a 300 $ monthly payment to them because we have 2 kids in braces. I'll use some of that dandy tax stimulus to cover some of 4boy's work but will have them add a hundred bucks a month onto the girls ortho payment to cover 4boys costs. His cost is AFTER our dental insurance pays their share of which i pay monthly for that too.

I mentioned 13girl made the cheer squad again this year. To the tune of 800+ dollars. This is in addition to the money i have to spend for her "End of the year" cheer banquet in 2 weeks for this years participation.

I told hubs he would have to give up his truck because keeping 2 8cyl. vehicles in gas was just too much and the price per gallon is just rising. I made my argument that i have to keep the Tahoe because it carries all our kids, their friends, the groceries and can still pull the camper. He made his "I'm keeping my truck" case with the fact that his truck hauls our ATV's, any furniture that needs moving, our lumber and can still pull the camper. We are keeping both vehicles.

We just purchased 2 new cell phones. The really cool ones that i am too lazy to link to. Officially they should have only cost $9.99 each but that was with a rebate. The rebate check has yet to show up and the original costs of the phones were around $149 each, of which i had to pay full price with that promise of a rebate to make me feel better.

The damn kids are still eating and i have to still feed them per the law.

The "End of the year" school field trips. Even if they have been to that theme park 500 times, god forbid i not pay for them to go again on a hot bus with 40 of their friends.

I had to pay for the kids summer-for a week-camp this month also. Frankly, a whole week with just us and 4boy, the girls being gone, is worth its weight in gold. Our home will be quiet for that week. Dinners/meals will be small that week. We will watch what we want on TV that week. The phone will ring only for us that week.

I would almost pay that fee again just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Nobody Important said...

I know your pain girl...mine is only x1 so I can only imagine what its like with your crew...wish I knew a secret for you...

G-mom said...

But just think how beautiful their smiles will be. When the girls complain about their childhood then you can show them the pictures in their beautiful dresses and cheer outfits and say "Look at this, your smiling and your dressed nice so your life wasn't that bad"!
You think they are eating now? HA! Post again when school lets out!