We had the best time. I lost 100 bucks on the penny slots so dont think it cant be done. I did. The hubs broke even for the most part. Instead he spent his money at the mall in Gulfport, but at least he had something material, something you could hold for your money, versus me who wondered around the casino endlessly looking for her husband because she had to admit to not only losing a hundred bucks, but carry the shame of doing it on the penny slots. I was actually up 68 bucks at one time but the lady next to me said "I think tonight's your night to win the jackpot!" and i took it as a personal challenge.
It wasn't the night.
We took the scenic route through Gulfport for a bit, checked out some of the old cemetery's because i'm weird like that, walked and ate in their local mall, chatted about the devastation that Hurricane Katrina had left, which is still evident sadly. I have some photos but have yet to download because once we got back home last night I just wanted to fall out on the nearest bed, floor, sofa.......it didnt matter!
We also stopped at the USS ALABAMA Battleship on the way home. I absolutely loved walking around and in it, along with the old war planes and a submarine. Sadly we had to get back on the road so i missed most of the submarine, but the battleship and old planes made up for it. This was a special treat because my husband isnt much of a "sightsee'er" but he was excited about this. The history channel really paid off for us as he was able to be our "tour guide" throughout the ship. We really enjoyed the visit and it was reasonably priced. It actually made me want to plan a road-trip through the North checking out more ships, battlefields and other war-era tours/sites. Again, I have pictures that i will be sharing soon.
I always feel guilty when going on vacation because i see all that our children could see, but they didnt because i didnt bring them. This was our anniversary trip, and an adult one at that but there was just so much i would have liked them to see. They would have loved eating in the big dining hall at the casino, or having a TV at the table at the sports bar, or even being able to enjoy the USS Alabama Ship visit! Therefore, in speaking with the hubs we decided to take them to NASA this year, and then it was brought up that we should all (Us, our children and our Best friends whom we went with on this trip and their children) we should all take a weekend trip to Tampa Florida and go to Busch Gardens. We usually do more camping than hotel staying but this trip we would stay in a hotel and hit the theme park as well. I'll be checking that out on google in about 15 minutes............LOL I also want to take them to the Jacksonville Zoo which is a shorter/less expensive/closer trip but i think they are old enough to start road trippin' it with us without the CONSTANT bickering and the hassle of luggin' baby bags and strollers and bottles. We've been too pansy-ass to take that on in the past.
And we dont have a fortune to travel and road-trip with either. We do okay enough but vacations, even mini-ones are expensive when feeding everyone plus activities. So what i'd like to know, is if ya'll have any advice? I also have this fear of wondering aimlessly throughout a city because I DONT HAVE A PLAN as to what to do. Really, unless i know EXACTLY what i am going to do (i.e. theme park) i just dont know how to plan. I would welcome any advice on this hence summer is on our heels and i'm energized and excited about any trip we can take.......
Monday, February 25, 2008
I had a Happy Anniversary!
Posted by kheatherg at Monday, February 25, 2008
Labels: vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
The penny slots can get you - mostly b/c they allow you to bet a dollar at a time, so they really aren't penny slots at all!
I grew up just a few hours from vegas and made many a trip there during college - now I can't stand gambling. I much prefer to take my money and spend it on something tangible, just like your hubs did.
Jax Zoo isn't all it is cracked up to be. Although, I was with 50+ kiddos and 15 adults on a school bus last summer. Still don't think the zoo was anything more than a zoo. Nothing special. Try a theme park or somewhere else. Yeah, I do agree about not having to lug baby bags and strollers everywhere anymore!! lol!!
Growing up 3 kids, we would bring a cooler stuffed with lunchmeat, snacks, drinks etc. pull over in beautiful rest areas/picnic spot off the beaten path, eat & explore. On the week long trips we brought a Coleman stove, eggs, bacon etc. stop again, the best breakfasts in the world were on the side of the road. We stayed in motels but the little "side" breaks allowed for exploring and relaxing. Also saved $. I miss those days even with you & your brother. Awwwww, I have a tear....
OOOO does anyone know what happened to "Was that my outloud Voice" posts? Shes' gone!!!
Welcome back...glad you had a good time on your trip..and happy belated anniversary!!
Post a Comment