CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The things a parent does.

4Boy

Last night he tells me he has a "Butt rash". Of course these are words every mother longs to hear from her son, so i took it like a champ and told him to hike his booty up to my bed, bend over and lemme take a look. (I had no other plans last night) I finally get him to bend over after all his giggling to take a look. He had the "not wiping good enough" issue, therefore a butt-rash. I'm telling him why his booty is itchy and rashy while i'm warming a wash-cloth to clean his bum. I come back to the bed, convince him to bend over again (This is all after his evening shower) and wipe his fanny clean and easy so as not to hurt him any more. I then tell him to "sit tight" while i look for some of Husbands wing and beer morning meds (AKA Preparation H) to put on his hind, for lack of a better medicine. I find it and contemplate using just my finger to slather it on his little tail end or to grab a Q-tip. I grab the Q-tip, put some Prep-H on it and head back to the bedroom where 4boy made it clear that wasnt happening. Back to the bathroom, Q-tip in the garbage, i slather my finger (Because i am a more tolerable mom than my husband is....... "ya honey, take care of that M'kay?) in Prep H and head back to 4boy. He's surprisingly ok with this method and hikes his booty in the air. He had a itchy booty and wanted some relief!! So i put it on him. He's off and back watching TV in the living room with daddy!

He's good for about 5 minutes when all of the sudden he comes running in my bedroom saying his butt burns and daddy wont blow it for him. He's back on my bed, half naked, bending over with his butt in the air. At this point, i'm blowing my sons butt. He's back to calm now when i walk into my bathroom for a few minutes. I come back out and he's takin' our bedroom mini-fan off our dresser (Who can sleep without "fan-noise") and is bent over, waist down naked, holding his goodies in one hand and spreadin' his little cheeks with the other.

I just turned around, got that washcloth, warmed it and re-wiped his butt. I'm not sure if it was still burning his bum or if he just liked the cold fan on his arse but off he went back to daddy's lap and I was able to hear about the great shoes they give you to wear on American Idol.

AI

Did anyone notice that these young woman (girls) on American Idol last night were really enjoying their shoes. I mean, to the point of mentioning on national TV with millions of viewers that they were excited over "these great shoes" ? I guess i need to get in touch with my more fashionable side.

PS. I still cant check spelling the easy way so ya'll can talk about my bad grammar amongst yourselves.

5 comments:

G-mom said...

I can just see the LOOK on SIL's face when g-son asked him to "blow his butt". OMG, the tears are streaming down my face!!!!

Mrs. S. said...

Good grief motherhood is glamorous!

New blog:
http://burgscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

Lauren S. said...

That is hilarious! On the other hand, I have used corn starch on my little one since he was a baby. He still asks for his "butt powder" every now and then and he is 6! Corn starch works wonders for him and does not burn. Just some advice that you probably don't want or need!! lol!! :-)

Fratzels said...

Oh my goodness - thank you for the great laugh this morning. I found your blog through Burg's and am so glad I clicked over!
That was priceless. I might have peed myself (just a little, but I am 8.5 months preggo - it comes with the territory) laughing at the thought of my little guy holding his business in one hand and his cheeks in the other in front of a fan!

Lauren S. said...

Hey, Fratzels, just pic my 6yo boy laying on his back, spread eagle, waiting for his "butt powder"!! Good luck with your new one! Kids are something else. You REALLY don't know what is coming next!! lol!!