My blogging is shit lately, i know. HOWEVER, i have left comments here and there on other peoples blogs....do i at least get points for that? OK,OK, i admit it, my leaving comments has been scarce as well. You got me.
Here's the deal though.
I'm getting all hubs benefits at his new job in order. This is mucho important because i dont get benefits at my job, and everyone knows how important they are.
All of our health benefits are in order and should begin November 1st. We used the COBRA plan offered through his last job for our dental because with 13 already having braces, all the new dental plans considered it "pre-existing" so they werent going to cover much. (COBRA is that insurance that usually cost 5 million bucks a month, but our dental is actually cheaper using it......polotics....who knew?)
Anyway, I was reading another blogger late last week and she had a link to a friend of hers asking that her readers go over and give her some internet love because of the tragedy she had just suffered. Being my ever-nosy self, i click on the link and brace myself for some halfed ass tragedy blown out of proportion in the internet world.
What I read, broke my heart. I was literally at a loss as to how to even comment. Feel free to click the link yourself, and come back to me just as shocked.
And then feel free to follow up on all those little benefits that you dont want to think about. I called husbands employer to see what else i had to complete to make sure that his life insurance policy was in place and to go ahead and take advantage of the policy made available to his spouse (me!)....... I initially passed on this benefit, thinking it would save us........uh......5 bucks a month. What a dipshit I am.
So for the last couple of days i've been working with his Human Resources Department trying to get our policy's in order. The ones i hope to finish up and not think about again for another 20 years, the ones that if i do have to use, need to be iron clad and plentiful.
We also need to actually meet with an atty and complete a Will. Everyone knows what the hubs and I want, but reading that blog, her very first entry, knocked enough "Oh MY God" into me, that i need to get it on paper! I cant believe we are 32 and 36 years old and have yet to WRITE IT DOWN. Shame on us.....
And last, but far from least, Please keep Patty and her boys in your thoughts. I cant even imagine......
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Shame On Me.
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Ok, that was upsetting. Her 1st thought was annoyed. I kept thinking while reading that how many times........
We have wills. After the ex died & we went thru hell we drew up wills. We try desperately to keep things in order.
Yep. I will be doing a lot of changing with the insurance once my deal is through. I will be preparing a Will too. I have not done that yet. I am just praying and hoping nothing tragic happens before my deal is finalized. Good luck to you.
WOW!!! What a wake up call that was. Can you believe ..even after what I have been through with myself, that I really don't have anything down on paper either? Its was always me, mom and mini...and we all knew what would happen if anything happened to any one of us. Its so sad to have to think about these things so early in life. I think alot of our problem at this age is denial...we think we're invincible...
Post a Comment