I've written in reference to The Moes before. To sum it up, the hubs and I were both married before and both of us were married to complete and utter dumbasses that are irresponsible, to say the least. 11's biological mom still has made no effort to see her since last November, even after taking us to court for visitation rights. She showed up to see 11 ONCE, Thanksgiving Day, keeping her for 2 days and then disappearing. We've seen or heard hide nor tail of her since. Her biological grandmother calls on occasion or emails 11 but we monitor everything because the grandmother is a supporter of her irresponsible daughter and her ways.
13's father is just as much a Moe. He, at least, pays his child support but it's moreso because he has to have his drivers license and has a fear of jail than to actually help 13. (11's bio-mom has no DL and is tossed in and out of jail anyway so we have less to threaten with) I believe 13's dad does indeed care about her, but its always on his terms. Everything was always on his terms. He actually fought me for custody but is about as responsible as McMuffin.
So anyway, 13's Moe of a father tells her that he is going to pick her up from school yesterday, take her to her millionth cheer game last night and take her to her Orthodontist appointment this morning. Of course i confirm all of this with him.
Yesterday after school, 13 texts message him and ask where he is....(Thinking he is waiting in the long line of parents to pick her up in front of the school) and what does he text back to her? That his car is broke down and for her to call her mom.
Let me break down the timeline from here: (And i will back it up so we are clear)
Sunday- Moe tells her he will get her from school Tuesday, take her to her game Tuesday night, let her spend the night with him, and take her to her 9:45 am Ortho appt. Wed. Morning. And then they will have lunch and he will drop her off at our home Wed. afternoon.
Monday night after her game- Heatherg confirms with the Moe that he is going to do everything he told 13 he would. Heatherg reminds him what time 13 gets out of school because in the past, he's been as late as an hour. Heatherg tells him, he has to do all this because she is now going to make plans to help 11 with her science fair project from hell and wont be able to take 13 to the game.......and has to work Wednesday so I couldnt take 13 to her ortho appt. and also reminds him that we made this ortho appt. at this time, AT HIS REQUEST so he could take her. All is good when Heatherg hangs up the phone with him.
Tuesday- After school 13 is smart enough to text the Moe. (Exerpt from above) ----Yesterday after school, 13 texts message him and ask where he is....(Thinking he is waiting in the long line of parents to pick her up in front of the school) and what does he text back to her? That his car is broke down and for her to call her mom.----
13 is smart enough (Thank god for those little moments) to hop on the school bus at the last minute and call me and let me know whats going on. 13 calls Moe from the bus and asks whats going on. He reiterates that his car is broke down but he is going to get a ride and pick her up from the house so she can still spend the night with him and go to her ortho appt. They hang up.
Continuation of Tuesday- I'm calling Moe........no answer. 13 is calling Moe.........no answer. 13 texts Moe.......no return text. It's now 9pm and still No answer, no call, nothing from the Moe. (Which is just freakin' typical of him) I call and leave messages on his phone that i have to know "whats up" because of her ortho appt. yadda-yadda. Still......nothing. Years ago, i would've been infuriated by all this but time is a teacher. And I think, even 13 is being taught.
I get a family friend to take 13 to her ortho appointment today, (Me or the hubs couldn't miss work on such short notice) so she can at least get her braces tightened and change the colors. (God forbid she not change the colors*) I think, at this point I've handled everything because I am THAT awesome, although i still havent heard from Moe.
This morning (Wednesday)- How about that f*ing Moe texts 13 (She's at home the duration of the day, having been to her appt. already) and says, He has the flu and thats why he didnt get her! WTF? What about a broke down vehicle? What about making a phone call to me OR her for that matter. Anything?
She texts him back..."ok" and i tell her to leave him alone. I remind her how he is, he's been doing this to her since she was 3 years old. I remind her AGAIN, that its been hubs and I who have never let her down, made sure she's gotten what she needs and been her parents 100% of the time. She says "ok" to me, tells me she's fixin' to watch some tv and eat some soup, and we hang up.
And now I stew. I'm so pissed off at the Moe that i cant function. I think i am going to call the Child Support office and put in a request to review and modify his support. We havent had an increase in about 8 years, and the only way i know to hurt him is to hit his wallet. And I sooooooooooooooo want to hurt him right now. I havent done so in the past because i know he cant really afford it, although today, i could give a shit. Its not my problem. O Well. He can get another job.
In happier news.........
Krista gets married Saturday!!!!
SATURDAY!
*Her new color is PINK!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
St. Peter is gonna tell him he's at the wrong gate!
Posted by kheatherg at Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Don't raise CS. He is helping pay braces right? Anyway, I got 5 calls flipping between PO'd & tears from her last nite. He also lied to her so she w/n be mad at him about Y he d/n pick her up. Which I told her he was gonna do. But be prepared he's already made several "promises" regarding a puppy and Christmas presents.
Here we go again......
Okay, he's an asshole. But you knew that. I'm sorry 13 has to got thru all this crap and that you have to deal with it too.
I had to deal with this with the ex in our family from the time stepdaughter was 13 until she is where she is now. It will never end. You can get mad at him, but if he lies to her, he will always look "ok" in her eyes...not perfect, but "ok". You have seen one excuse after the other, but nothing compares to her heartbreak even though that is her "father". Your family (incl hubby) have been there for her from day one. I am sorry she is having to deal with this (and you have to deal with the fallout).
In ways I'm glad our sperm donor doesn't have visitation...I'd kill him over this kind of shit....
Then on the other hand is our bitch-in-law, who takes a good father who cares and loves and wants them and puts him through the wringer...
Its a double edged sword for sure
Post a Comment