CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The difference between a "driving-teenager" and an adult.

An adult fills up at the gas pump all the while thinking about politics and the cost of this "fill-up", then shakes the hose down for whatever fuel might just be sloshing within, places the nozzle back in its holster, gets in the vehicle and eases it back into traffic trying not to "gas it" thinking of the 90 bucks they just filled up with.

A teenager throws the nozzle into the tank, chats with his friend on the cell phone, yanks the nozzle back out, jumps in the car, and gases the shit out of it in the station parking lot hoping the hot girl across from him notices his dual exhaust truck.

It must be nice not to remember when gas was 2 bucks a gallon........

5 comments:

G-mom said...

OOOOO I love the new site colors! Yes, YES.
I hate that too. Especially while I'm patiently waiting to fill my tank @ $135.00.

Lauren S. said...

Okay, so I WONT gripe about the $56 it costs me to fill up my regular ol' car. Yeah, I remember in high school we were pooling money together to get $5 when it was 89 cents a gallon! Back in the olden days.... :-)
I like these site colors better than the other bright one. Just my opinion (which ain't worth much!).

Nobody Important said...

Unfortunately I also remember the days when a gallon of gas was less than a dollar. I remember 5 bucks getting me to work and back all week in my little geo storm

Mrs. S. said...

This is a lot prettier and it doesn't hurt my eyes...

I try not to think about gas.. I figure there's no way in hell I'm gonna walk in this heat so I shouldn't bother bitching about it. There's so many other more important things I can be bitching about anyways.

Fratzels said...

$2 a gallon - I, too, remember less than a dollar. Gone are those days when you could fill your SUV for less than $20! Ouch, $75 each time hurts!!!