The baby shower went off without a hitch! She got a butt load of things for the baby and a new nightie for herself so she doesn't bring the family shame in showing up in a wife-beater white tank-top and boxer shorts which has been her attire for 6 months. Everyone invited had a wonderful time and i got boo-koodles of compliments on my decorations and food.
Thank you to all those to gave me your ideas, i used many of them!!
The shower still cost me more than i wanted to spend, but i keep thinking it will come back to me in a good way. I only do things like this when i want too so i was half ass prepared for the expenditure. Some highlights:
Bad SIL never showed up.
The laundry line we hung around my porch with different size consignment baby clothes on it, (as decoration) is now being used as my personal laundry line until my husband puts those 2x4's together to make me one. (We are just flat out ghetto country this week!)
NO, i'm not still munchin' on the chocolate cake! Quit accusing me!
The kids ran around like banchi's and had the best time!
The Husbands/boyfriends/other male friends invited all had the best time as well!
All the ladies kicked in and helped clean up so i wasn't left with a mess when everyone left.
In the end, we really got a lot of compliments on the party, and alot of Thank you's! I was pleased and exhausted all in one.
On Saturday we went to my MIL's house to swim and BBQ for fathers day and Saturday night we went to the comedy zone so by time father's day rolled around, i was beaten. I had no energy left to give. I believe i slept from 1:30 until 5:20 where my husband and i loaded up, grabbed a few movies from the local blockbuster, some wings and headed back to the house for an evening of laziness. He tinkered in his man-cave (AKA "The shop") while i slept, along with everyone else in the house. It was just a slow day full of sprinkles and thunder, perfect for sleeping.
But i did want to ask, has anyone had any luck with the blockbuster movies like netflix? We simply have the hardest time actually putting those damn movies in the mailbox and getting new ones and there always seems to be a wait for the movies we want to see so i was thinking of switching to blockbuster so we can return and pick from the local store as well as use the mail service. Any comments?
We ended up renting Stephen Kings The Mist, of which i could have gone without seeing because o my god, why did no one warn me of the end? Talk about getting my gut! Thats a Stephen King movie for ya! We also saw National Treasure 2, of which we enjoyed. And another, man........ i cant remember the name. It was videoed like the Blair Witch project...... that kinda movie. Monsters taking over Manhattan.... CLOVERFIELD, thats it. I knew it would come to me if i typed through it. Obviously, my husband picked the movies as it was Father's Day and i'm not a huge sci-fi fan. I did want to see The Mist though, and could kick myself in the ass for watching it.
OK, I've rambled.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Baby showers and movies and rambling, o my!
Posted by kheatherg at Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Labels: advice, Hubs family, ThisnThat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Glad the shower turned out well. As for movies, I have been using the Redbox at Walmart. It is a $1+tax a movie for one night (return by 9pm next night or get charged another $1 each late day). You swipe your debit card (or cc) at the machine, pick the movie from the selections available (not as large as Blockbuster or Netflix--just depends on who turns in what when). We just saw National Treasure 2 and Tranformers. Two movies for $2.15. For first time users you can check out www.redbox.com and get a coupon code for a free rental. You can return at any redbox location. Just offering what I do. I can't afford a monthly fee for a movie store and we just get them occasionally anyway. It is cheap and the movies are great. People were lined up when I was there returning and renting.
LOL The Mist kicked my a$$ too. I literally sat there with my mouth open going WHAT!!!!?????
You know me the scarier, weirder, bloodier etc. I'm in there...but that...OOOO.
You forgot to mention the cake was good too. LOL
The clothesline/consignment clothes for decoration is BRILLIANT!!!! Glad it all went well!
Post a Comment