CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby Shower Update

I'm still planning and beginning my week-long-sprint to finish up this baby shower with a bang on Friday night. I've simply decided my sister in law is the spawn of Mexican immigrants who feed off the welfare system and i'm not allowing her to ruin my good deed. My middle daughter wants to invite her cousin (My SIL's daughter) to our 4Th of July camp trip and i even said that she could! That's how nice I'm being. Although when SIL's husband, mentioned that they would all love to come on our camp trip weekend, i had to be the bitch and say "No, I cant handle SIL for 4 days straight". I figured, "Why lie?" and went with it. Then i promptly called the other people that are camping with us and threatened to give away their camp sites and kidney's if they dare invite my BIL & SIL. I'll take their kid but i would sooner cut my wrist than to camp with them.

Back to my point.

I'm moving along in getting this party together. I'm also going to Alltel again today. This will be my 5Th week in a row in returning my Alltel phone because they keep giving me refurbished phones that wont hold a charge. I'm not sure why i purchased the brand new phone and when it didn't work, instead of giving me another brand new phone, they gave me a refurbished phone? Another cheap multi-million dollar company.

Back to my point.

The party is Friday and I've managed to hustle up about 15 women who are comfortable with me gift-whoring. About 5 of those women actually know the guest of honor, the rest are friends of mine who know that when i do something like this, its because she must need it. My friends and the women on my side of the family have really come through for me and i appreciate it. I'll probably end up buying 90 boxes of girl scout cookies, 21 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper, 16 scented candles and a $89.00 spatula from pampered chef to pay everyone back, but hell, at least this kid will start out in a clean diaper.

There is an upside to all this also. I've got husband busting his ass getting those little honey-do chores done before the party. I could ALMOST careless about what his family thinks of me but I'll be damned if they think i live in a dirty house. Not that they don't, but how can i continue to think i am better than they are if my house is dirty when they enter?

I'm just an asshole.

2 comments:

Nobody Important said...

You really are doing a very nice thing...and thats the whole point. The one that should shine through all this other mess...I hate dealing with some in-laws...I prefer to dodge mine at all times. Not that they hate me or me them or anything like that...but they have more drama than ABC between noon and 4pm!!! SHEESH!!!

G-mom said...

Yeah I put my .02 in the other day. 112 diapers, 480 wipees, baby bath and lotion, socks & receiving blanket. Gave the husband the shock when he helped carry in stuff. "Explain why I have diapers and wipees in my hand?" "Because your helping me carry the stuff in the stuff..duh."