Hello...this Krista posting for Heather.
The small community outside of city limits that Heather lives in was hit by a tornado at 7am this morning. From what I hear, it devastated the area. There are roofs torn off, people are unable to get into their homes because they have been deemed too dangerous. There are few trees left, no power, water, food and they have roped off the area so they are unable to leave and no one is able to get in. FEMA and Red Cross are on site now. Heather says they have shitty coffee, but she is thankful for something warm. (I've never seen Heather drink a cup of coffee!). They are cold and wet and as I spoke with her, I could hear the "beeping" from the crews who were out there to help rummage through the rubble.
Fortunately, the tornado (literally) jumped over her home and so she and family are safe. She said that she has never been so scared in all her life. Her husband could hear the tornado and shuffled them all into the bathtub of their home.
Will update again later as I hear more.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Tornado
Posted by kheatherg at Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
9 comments:
Heather, I am glad you guys are OK!
Hope everything goes back to normal very soon! HUGS!!
The storms were horrible! The schools here were in the halls in the "tornado" postion the whole morning. Glad your family is o.k.
SO glad you guys are alright!
**hugs**
Wow! I'm glad everyone is safe!
Yeah nothing like getting ready to leave for 3 days and daughter calls. Turns a mothers heart ice cold when the first words you hear are "We are all right BUT.."
They are only 10 miles from us & I was just getting ready to call & warn them that one had been sighted & to stay with
#1 g-daughter @ bus stop just in case.
I'm just thankful that after all the practice fire drills etc. that they have the kids did not question anything but hauled a$$ when told too.
I am glad everyone is okay also.
I am glad everyone is okay. Hope you are getting back to normal. You are in my thoughts
Now see...this shit here scares me so much more than anything I deal with on a daily basis...I'm calling Mom this evening to check on you all...stay warm girl...thinking about you!
OMG - glad you all are okay! I've been so out of things lately I just read this. I hope you are getting back to normal!!
Post a Comment