The kind that cringe every time someone invites them to their kids birthday party because your thinking.....Damn, there goes my whole Saturday (The party is always mid-day!) I'm broke and i have to find money to purchase a gift that doesn't make my kiddo look poor or his mother look cheap, and who am i going to talk to at this 2 hour hell fest event of screaming kids because I will know no one!
And then there is
The happy parent that gets that birthday invite and thinks "Oh how wonderful, I've been invited to share the day little so-n-so was born!" and cant wait to get to the store to purchase the greatest gift of all time (because they've been to so damn many that they know what each age group likes) and is oddly excited about the group of little angels who will spend their time together celebrating on a happy sun-shiny Saturday afternoon (She will work her personal/family plans around the party) and simply can-NOT stand the time that she will have to wait to "catch up" with the other mom's (Because it's been 3 days since they last saw each other while volunteering at school)
It takes both kind of parents to make this world. And i am only half-assed ashamed to tell you that i am the former parent. BECAUSE MY GOD, I HAVE 4 CHILDREN, I NEED NO MORE "KID PLANS" THAN WHAT I ALREADY HAVE!
Does anyone want to get me started on cup cakes at school for 30 kids?
(4boy will be 6 this month!!)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
There are 2 kinds of Classroom-Birthday Parents.
Posted by kheatherg at Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Labels: Four
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comments:
Don't I usually HAVE to make the cupcakes? What I don't do a good Job. OK, go to Publix, they are cheaper anyway.
Post a Comment