I needed my fuel pump on my tahoe to last out at least until mid october. Instead my truck died on me yesterday morning in the middle of a busy intersection, forcing me to glide out of the way and on to the side of the road so i didnt get smashed into. I made it there where i called hubby.
Who i had woken up fighting with because he isnt jolly in the morning. So i'm actually thinking about how i dont ned his shit when my truck stalls out and i realize, "Damn, now i need him and am going to have to call him and he is going to point it out to me" of which he did when he turns back around from going to work and comes to check out my truck, confirm that the fuel pump has finally given up and calls his office to tell them he wont be in.
Money is so tight because each of the girls went over their cell minutes giving us a $475.00 cell phone bill this month that i know i'm fixing to float a check for 300 bucks for the fuel pump.
We go back to the house to get a tow chain to tow my truck home, we go into town to pick up the fuel pump, we go pick up one of his friends to help him and help tow the truck. I finally get everyone and everything settled at the house with him so i am able to take his truck to work, arriving around 10 am. So far, i've floated the $300 check for the fuel pump, 30 bucks in gas for all the running in his truck (Plus i need gas to take it to work myself) and 2 12 packs of beer. (Like they could actually work on a vehocle without beer....)
I'm at work, when i get a call saying that the fuel pump was broken when they opened it and where is the receipt to go exchange it. It's in my purse. So i call the parts store, and speak with the manager but they dont have another fuel pump in stock so hubby and his friend have to go across town to another parts store where they actually have one in stock. I'll save you from the aggravation of that conversation.
They get home, drop the gas tank and get the fuel pump installed.
I leave work, pick the girls up at school and head over to the retirement home to pick up his grandpa as we've made dinner arrangements. At this time, i have a grand total of $58.00 i can use on my debit card without floating another check and most resteraunts dont take checks.
Dinner is $45.00.
I get a call while settling hubs grandfather back into his room that the fuel pump is installed but my truck still wont start, (Ye gods, just keep spankin' my ass) and that i need to go by and pick up something for everyone to eat because by now half the neighborhood guys are under and around my truck and EVERYONE knows whats wrong.
I explain to my husband that we are broke. He has to wait til i get home and i'll put some pizza rolls in or SOMETHING but there is no way in Normandy that i can go by 3-4 pizza's. But i'm a good wife so i'll float ANOTHER check at the gas station, (the only one in town that actually takes a check)and buy some more beer.
It's a fuse or relay or something like that, but either way, around 9pm last night, i officially have a running vehicle.
They tell me to drive it back up to the gas station, fill it with gas (Your tank has to be pretty much empty to change a fuel pump) and drive it back and let them know how it runs. I head off and fill it up floating yet another check. I get back and let them know that i just put 40 bucks in gas in my tank and the damndest thing..... the gas gage still says empty!
It is determined between 5 men that they forgot to do something with a wire, essentially not allowing the floater to um......FLOAT...... so once i run 40 bucks worth of gas back out of my truck, which should be Sunday or so, they have to repeat the whole process to check the floater arm thingy.
Then i go inside to warm up a roast for my husband because pizza rolls just dont do it for him, and my oven pops. Yep, POPS. I simply shut it off and figure by now, i'll just take my chances.
Husband fiddles with circuits and this and that this morning and finally gets my oven back working........
While i argue with my teenager as to why she probably wont be getting a laptop for Christmas this year.
I get to work, balance my checkbook and realize there are indeed gods above me. After covering all the checks, fuel pump and misc. monies yesterday, I will have $56.00 left over from my paycheck this afternoon.
*I'm not re reading this for errors as i dont think i could live through it again, therefore this post is on it's own.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Yesterday
Posted by kheatherg at Thursday, October 02, 2008
Labels: hubs, shit happens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comments:
OMG...your day totally sucked ass girl...I know how you feel...one thing I have done from the beginning though is have mini's phone and mine on a pay in advance plan. We both have more than enough minutes to accomodate every month with no surprise charges ever. If you go over...the phone cuts off til you deposit extra. Hubs phone is full of surprises though and it can be quite a pain at times...But mine and mini's phones together are never over 140 a month. I've seen hubs pay that for his alone in one month. I think Xmas shopping is going to be "lay-a-way" this year...JEEZ!!!!!
Post a Comment